Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

New aircraft! TDFi 717 or CJ700/900?

fair enough.  terminology was off,  point stands.  thanks  :)

15 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

I never said the aircraft is not fun or not worth buying. I did say I would not recommend it "At the moment". At the moment, in my opinion, I personally have experienced too many issues for me to speak positively about the CRJ product. 

If I thought the aircraft would not be fun, I would have NEVER purchased it. And all those reasons you like the aircraft so much are some of the things that interested me. The lack of a Boeing/Airbus type Auto-Pilot and as you said, "thinking ahead of the aircraft" are part of the reason I wanted to add the CRJ to my hanger. A challenge and something different.

Despite being unable to use the aircraft I still would recommend the product...just not at this moment...and this is because of my personal experience, not because I think the product is inferior. It's new software (on a new sim) and these growing pains are expected.

+1. I completely agree with this assessment.  I too know that it will be great, but I tried another flight with it last evening (using build 1.005c for the first time).  At first things looked ok - it followed the SID and most of the en route flight plan, but when we reached the STAR things got very ugly and the plane just veered off away from the target course.  Even on the en route segment, although it did 'ok' there was constant zigzagging and readjustments after each way point.   To my inexperienced eyes it seems like the bank angle applied by the AP is insufficient and the plane therefore has a hard time getting back onto track;  constantly over-reaching and then constantly correcting.

I wouldn't recommend it either at this point, but when this big problem is resolved, I would recommend it.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

14 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

What I like about the 717 is that it flies over water...Hawaii.  :)  I don't have it yet cuz I've been waiting for performance to improve...but I've got my eye on it.

Gregg, for me, performance with the latest 717 build is slightly better than in the NGX, if that's any use for you. That's in P3Dv4.   When I first tried it in P3Dv4 a few months ago, performance was worse than the NGX, so it's already improved quite drastically (for me. As always, YMMV).

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

3 hours ago, JYW said:

+1. I completely agree with this assessment.  I too know that it will be great, but I tried another flight with it last evening (using build 1.005c for the first time).  At first things looked ok - it followed the SID and most of the en route flight plan, but when we reached the STAR things got very ugly and the plane just veered off away from the target course.  Even on the en route segment, although it did 'ok' there was constant zigzagging and readjustments after each way point.   To my inexperienced eyes it seems like the bank angle applied by the AP is insufficient and the plane therefore has a hard time getting back onto track;  constantly over-reaching and then constantly correcting.

I wouldn't recommend it either at this point, but when this big problem is resolved, I would recommend it.

Geez...that sounds really frustrating. I am yet to complete a flight and last time I tried a flight P3D (v4) crashed. I have since put the aircraft back in the hanger until the next update and test it then. The aircraft itself looks great and it comes with some great liveries that have the makings of some fun short hops around Europe and the USA. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

On 8/24/2017 at 3:06 AM, Christopher Low said:

I am also keen on the TFDi Design Boeing 717, but I am going to wait for the Cosford 2017 Flightsim Show before buying it. TFDi Design are exhibiting at the show, and I am hoping that there will be a discount :smile:

I cannot confirm much other than this tweet from us: