Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Camera View buttons need sim controlers enabled?

I'm guess I'm not the only one wishing they could turn off all P3D/FSX controllers to avoid the crazy duplicate assignments these sims give to controllers by default. Bit of a pain to edit six or so device settings just to delete everything so I can then safely reassign everything in FSUICP.

However with controllers disabled in the sim (by checking the sim's "Disable Controllers" settings box) OPUS camera view button assignment will not recognize any controller button.

So is it just a case that, unlike FSUICP, OPUS is reading button presses from the sim and not at the "deeper" level that FSUICP must be doing?

Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Opus responds to all key and button events via the SimConnect events issued by the sim, so yes, you must enable the controllers within the sim so that is can generate the button events for OpusFSI to respond to.

Stephen

8 hours ago, Opus Software said:

Opus responds to all key and button events via the SimConnect events issued by the sim, so yes, you must enable the controllers within the sim so that is can generate the button events for OpusFSI to respond to.

Stephen

Ok, thanks.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On 8/24/2017 at 4:15 AM, gboz said:

I'm guess I'm not the only one wishing they could turn off all P3D/FSX controllers to avoid the crazy duplicate assignments these sims give to controllers by default. Bit of a pain to edit six or so device settings just to delete everything so I can then safely reassign everything in FSUICP.

gboz I have found SimStarterNG to be the best solution for this.  You can clear controller settings in the options with a few checkboxes.  Makes a backup as well.

7 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

gboz I have found SimStarterNG to be the best solution for this.  You can clear controller settings in the options with a few checkboxes.  Makes a backup as well.

Thanks. Looks like it does a lot more as well.

gb.