Sign in to follow this  
jimst57

ChasePlane Not Starting

I'm suddenly (last few days) having problems with ChasePlane automatically starting when I start P3dv4.

When it fails, I have to open Task Manager, Find the ChasePlane process, end it, and then start ChasePlane manually by clicking on it's desktop icon.

There are no error messages.

Anyone else having this problem? Would it be safe to uninstall it and reinstall it without getting the "to many installs" message on my computer.

I had that problem until  I switched from "stable build" to experimental, then it started working correctly (after second P3D restart) 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

We found the source of the issue and fixed it in the latest build. Thanks for reporting it!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 hour ago, Keven Menard said:

We found the source of the issue and fixed it in the latest build. Thanks for reporting it!

Thanks! Glad you found and fixed it.

I'm still having this problem. So I'll just cut and paste it from the post above:

I'm suddenly (last few days) having problems with ChasePlane automatically starting when I start P3dv4.

When it fails, I have to open Task Manager, Find the ChasePlane process, end it, and then start ChasePlane manually by clicking on it's desktop icon.

There are no error messages.

Anyone else having this problem? Would it be safe to uninstall it and reinstall it without getting the "to many installs" message on my computer.

Activations are tied to your hardware/system combinaison. Reinstalling from VFXCentral will have no effect on your activations.

For the issue where ChasePlane is not shutting down properly, we are still looking for solutions.

Is it the Bridge or ChasePlane itself not shutting down?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

It's not a shutting down problem, it's a starting problem.

When I start P3D Chase plane does not always automatically start. I have to go into Task Manager and I see both the Bridge and ChasePlane listed as processes. I End the ChasePlane process and then I can go to the desktop and manually start ChasePlane. This doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes, more so than not, it does start correctly.

The start problem is caused by the shutdown problem...

There can be interested one instance of the application at any given time and it the app fails to shutdown and still exists when you launch the simulator, the hanging instance will remain.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

10 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

The start problem is caused by the shutdown problem...

There can be interested one instance of the application at any given time and it the app fails to shutdown and still exists when you launch the simulator, the hanging instance will remain.

Yes I can verify that now. I finished a flight, manually shut down ChasePlane and P3D, checked the Task Manager, and Chaseplane and the Bridge were still there.

Thanks.