Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Which Carenado/Alabeo airplanes do you fly on a consistent basis?

Milviz.. Like it's going to change something. I have their 350I FSX (I'm still waiting for the final plane, it's long) and it does not happen at the ankle of carenado. Ok they overhaul another Then come talk about other device on a forum Carenado is how to say ...

M.Daniel

proatcxlogo.jpg

2 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

will look again at the C90GTX

I haven't heard much good about the C90GTX.  The C90B got a lot of good reviews. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

My current favorites are the Cheyenne II with a modified FDE and other fixes, the CJ2 with all the great mods from the mod squad, and lastly the PC-12 with Berts latest Mod 5.7. With these changes that the folks here at AVSIM have provided really make a difference.  

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK - let me add something good... I like the C90GTX, a lot!  :cool:

Ah...didn't know you'd done that.  That's probably the only way I'd get it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Just now, MartinRex007 said:

Cheyenne II with a modified FDE and other fixes

I keep looking at it.  What mods do you have?  How's it compare to the Turbine Duke?

Gregg Seipp

50 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I keep looking at it.  What mods do you have?  How's it compare to the Turbine Duke?

Bill's (whamil77) mods which is mostly tweaking the FDE the Arezone sound set and a couple of really nice new paints, I'm pretty happy with her. Like most of Carenado's aircraft there are always little things that could be fixed, whereas in the Turbine Duke everything that is suppose to work does. I enjoy flying both, I'm a big fan of the GA Turbo props! 

Cheers

Martin

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK - let me add something good... I like the C90GTX, a lot!  :cool:

It is the only King Air left in my hangar..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-750-in-c90-gtx_topic54606.html

Wow, really?  Compared to the Flight 1 KA200 (if you have that one) it's better?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

14 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Bill's (whamil77) mods which is mostly tweaking the FDE the Arezone sound set and a couple of really nice new paints, I'm pretty happy with her. Like most of Carenado's aircraft there are always little things that could be fixed, whereas in the Turbine Duke everything that is suppose to work does. I enjoy flying both, I'm a big fan of the GA Turbo props! 

Cheers

Martin

The Turbine Duke Arezone soundset is also really, really nice.  I'd think that the Cheyenne II would be heavier on controls than the TDuke and the III even more so.

Gregg Seipp

4 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Wow, really?  Compared to the Flight 1 KA200 (if you have that one) it's better?

I do not have the Flight1 KA200..

Bert

Have Hangar full of Carenado / Alabeo

1) 310R is closest to my heart & what i've right seat flown the most in life. 

2) C340 Started putting some fun hours in this bird. Great with the engine mods. Consider it a little hotter & higher 310.

3) the Bonanza's F33 and V35 I have even hours between them

4) the Conquest 441 a rocket ship with old analog steam gauges.

5) the Cheyenne II  extremely easy to control on the ground too.

6) Piper Arrow my go to "bar hopper" like the Sportster of the Harleys. Fun back to basics and hand flying - no cheating with gps

7) Premier 1A. this a/c was extremely troublesome to get installed and the navigraph/proline/FMS to work ( I still wrestle with trying to get a flight plan all entered in but when I do. the glass panel and the auto pilot is better and more intuitive than on the Phenom's

I use Bert Pieke, Bernt Stolle and GTN 750 upgrades on most all except the Premier 1A I am leaving off the gtn750 & forcing myself to tackle the proline beast..

By far the best all around best A/C experience for eye candy , flight dynamic accuracy and ease of use with all buttons knobs gauges functioning as designed is the Real Air Duke(s). but that's another topic / brand.

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

I tend to fly the Alabeo PA-E23 Aztec quite a bit mainly because it was the only twin that I had real world flying experience in so it brings back fun memories. It is slow enough to be used for lower level VFR sightseeing flights and has good short field performance making many shorter strips accessible, but it has also got good IFR capability particularly with the intergrated GTN. 

The Hawker 850XP is an aircraft I think I will also be flying a lot in the future. Having recently installed Bert Pieke's mods with the GTN, it has become a very capable, enjoyable and immersive aircraft to fly

I have bought almost every Alabeo/Carenado aircraft over the years, (I guess it's a sort of fatal attraction to the eye-candy!) and I tend to pull one or other out of the hangar fairly regularly for a flight. To be fair most of the smaller GA singles and twins are pretty good, are very enjoyable to fly and the essential systems are pretty well modelled if you are not looking for A2A level replication. The problems tend to arise when they try to model the more complex systems on larger aircraft such as FMCs and some autopilot functions and this is where they tend to fall short of expectations. It's just a pity that they don't put a bit more effort into this aspect of their products. However we are lucky there are simmers out there such as Bert who can at least provide an alternative solution to their buggy FMCs by replacing them with the GTN. 

Bill

My first, and only one so far - the Carenado 337. I've always liked the look of the little centrline twin ever since I saw my friend's Airfix O-2 as a kid.(Well, I think his Dad had built and painted it, but still!)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I am flying the Premier 1A, except VNAV and FLC, it works pretty OK, once you get used with it.

The FMS and Navigraph availability is for me a plus.Thr Proline is ..basic, would be nice to be improved.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.5