Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Which Carenado/Alabeo airplanes do you fly on a consistent basis?

1) Alanado Cessna 310R

2) Alabeo C441

3) Beech V35B  / F33

4) Phenom 100...(couldn't get the Premier 1 Navigraph to function ......too bad)

5) Carebeo Daher Socata (Money) TBM 850  Wish it wasn't Glass ckpt

6) Alanado Piper Cheyenne II

7) Carenado Piper Arrow

8) Carenado C340II

I use The GTN 750 pop up or integrated on all aircraft

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

11 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I was looking to see how many 337's were reg'ed here in the US and only found 4 and one of them is located in Iran right now. Does that sound right??

It's more than that but I wouldn't know how to find out how many.  There are 8 on the FAA site, I found 3 more for sale.  Who knows how many worldwide...

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

On 8/24/2017 at 4:13 PM, Gregg_Seipp said:

Funny how that C337 keeps popping up.  That was their last Gold Star Award.

I wrote that review for the C337 that earned the Avsim Gold Star for Carenado and have written a lot of reviews since and a few planes have come close, but no flight manual, weak documentation or almost cmpleted systems kept the award locked up in the safe.

If there was a way to officially sanction the Carenado CJ2 with the free aftermarket GTN750 mod by the Mod squad, it would be a slam dunk for the highest award that we have.  Of course, that will never happen.  But, it is available for us simulator pilots to enjoy.

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The Alabeo Mooney Ovation is also very nice...

I still would rank the Seminole ahead of it, but the Mooney is an airplane with character :happy:

Bert

Shrike Commander 500S: have been FO in RL for a while and this plane represent the twin Commander spirit, analogue panel (carenado best work, none glass)  great textures, and the most important thing, FDE close to the Real deal. The sound it's amazing real, can forget that sound in the real plane.

Turbo Commander 690B: have some hours in this big brother of my little Shrike, again stunning graphics in and out, I'm prefer the -5 Garret model, some things to pay attention, all about the Garret TPE331 modelling, if PMDG can do a descent work in the JS41 even the limitations of the FSX carenado can.....  With patience make a good TPE, the FDE it's like the real one too, an Shrike more heavier and big, the sound it's heavily compress and distorted in some point, but at least it's a good representation of an Turbo Commander. 

Both for me are the best of the best of carenado. 

Regard 

RB 

• Upvote 1

This is a great thread guys. I've just got back into the scene after a few years absence. I bought into P3Dv4 and found that there's not much in the way of planes to choose from just yet so good old Carenado/Alabeo will have to figure fairly largely on my horizon for the time being. I was searching Google for a topic like this and hey presto, this one turned up on my favourite flight sim forum.

So, to assist me with my Carenado/Alabeo choices (and any one else for that matter) I've compiled this list of your suggestions so far:

37075054505_0cca4c807a_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mike Beckwith

I am really enjoying the Mooney M20R Ovation. I also fly the Beechcraft Baron B58 (with Bert's mods), and the Piper Aztec. Bert and Ray have done so very much to help, and educate. Many thanks, guys. These are not perfect planes, but (being a real life tube liner jockey) I enjoy figuring out the quirks to make them work. If I want to be serious, I fly "study level" ga and 121. To have fun, these planes fill the bill, for me. 

• Upvote 2

Beau Rice

Welcome to Avsim Beau - nice to see another experienced hand on the roster.

Mike Beckwith

On 9/17/2017 at 10:42 PM, beaurice172 said:

Beechcraft Baron B58

Welcome! I keep hoping Carenado would make an update for that Baron.  It's a popular airplane.  Alabeo's Seminole got really good reviews and they're making a C421 that should be out soon. 

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

For me, these are my favorites at this time--I am currently using P3D 3.4

--Carenado: Cessna Skymaster, Shrike Aero Commander, 690B Turbo Commander, Emb 505 Phenom 300, Piper PA31 Navajo, Cessna 525A Citation CJ2  & C90 GTX King Air

--Alabeo: Piper Aztec F250, Piper PA44 Seminole & Mooney M20 Ovation.

There are other Carenado and Alabeo aircraft that I have previously purchased, however what I have noted are the ones I enjoy and fly the most. I use the GTN 750 & the only reason why I have purchased any "glass cockpit" airplane from either vendor, is due to the GTN mods provided for us by Bert Pieke, the now famous "Mod Squad" & possibly anyone else that has done so! Thank you so very much for your work in making those GTN 750 mods available to us.

Now that someone other than Carenado themselves has fixed many of the glaring problems with the Turbo Commander, I now fly it almost daily. It's a great Oklahoma-built bird.

I was excited about the new Cheyenne III, but I've seen too many reports that they same problems from the Cheyenne II have been ported over to the III, so no sale. I'm going to have to see some real improvement in product usability and quality if I'm going to pay these higher prices from Carenado in future, which is too bad because they certainly are beautiful birds.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2017 at 0:00 PM, Gregg_Seipp said:

Back on the GA topic, though, Just Flight has also begun making some very good quality GA (the Arrow...the dash on that airplane is...woh.) while A2A has dropped back off to vintage stuff.  Apart from the very old Milviz C310, there isn't any good quality reasonably modern touring GA twin available since RealAir closed shop.  We're drowning in great airliners that you can fly and fly and fly which is fun but, for me, I'm a complex GA flyer at heart.  That market is a dead fish.

If MilViz can finish their Beech 350i, it would be another very good GA.  Flight1 is also one of the other remaining quality shop for the B200.  For Carenado GA, my vote would be the C337H, PC-12, A36.  I fly their F33A alot but the P3Dv4 is a shamble.  Looking at this thread, I will look again at the C90GTX, CJ2 and Phenom300, Alabeo M20R.  Everything else was one disappointment after the other, so I tuned out most "new" stuffs from them.  On the XP side, their developer Dan Klaue is doing a much better job.  At least in that market, their name has not been associated yet with a sausage factory, taste good for your eyes, but completely unhealthy for your wallet and sanity :laugh:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

11 minutes ago, Anxu00 said:

On the XP side, their developer Dan Klaue is doing a much better job. 

Hm, tried their Commander 500 and the FDE is really bad.If you try to perform Bob Hoover routines you can't because all flight controls are hydraulically powered!

6 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Hm, tried their Commander 500 and the FDE is really bad.If you try to perform Bob Hoover routines you can't because all flight controls are hydraulically powered!

I see, I don't have that one to comment.  Looks like hit and miss:laugh:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020