Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate Traffic 2 and Live

I installed UTlive two weeks ago and still have not seen a single plane.I have uninstalled COMPLETELY two times and after reinstalling it is still not working. It loads into P3D v4. shows in the add-ons in the upper menu. Clicking on Increase or decrease traffic gets a quick flash of a few planes and then nothing.

Troubleshooting a dozen possibilities and no joy. I uninstalled it again today and going back to My Traffic 6a until Flight gets it right.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

UTlive client in p3dV4 crashed for me constantly as well.  I uninstalled it and am now using MyTraffic 6.0 without a problem. 

Lon Duncombe

• Upvote 1

I use with with P3DV4 without any issues whatsoever.

One thing... if you use it for VATSIM you should run the installer, reboot, and then edit your addon.xml file with Notepad++ and change Active from True to False.  The reason is that you don't need the UTL software running to see AI Traffic, and if you keep it loading/running with P3DV4 it will eat up processing cycles - and it's just not required.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, OldFlyboy said:

I installed UTlive two weeks ago and still have not seen a single plane.I have uninstalled COMPLETELY two times and after reinstalling it is still not working. It loads into P3D v4. shows in the add-ons in the upper menu. Clicking on Increase or decrease traffic gets a quick flash of a few planes and then nothing.

Troubleshooting a dozen possibilities and no joy. I uninstalled it again today and going back to My Traffic 6a until Flight gets it right.

Me too. Nice to have traffic again :)

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

3 hours ago, pgde said:

The executable file, utl_client, either crashes in the first 5 minutes or never loads. Numerous people have this problem which is unrelated to any aircraft or liveries. The crashes seem to be getting worse with each succeeding release. I am not sure they (Flight1 staff) have figured out what the problem is since the last release was on July 21. It is too bad you can't see all the posts in the Licensed User Forum for UTL complaining about this with no feedback that the problem has been identified. 

Have you tried checking task manager to see if the client (under processes) is running before you start a flight? I had the client crash issue, but making sure the process isn't running solved the issue. It is a workaround. I'm sure they'll find a permanent fix in the next release or final version. Aside from this issue, I have not had any problems with UTL.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

9 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Have you tried checking task manager to see if the client (under processes) is running before you start a flight?

Yes, several times. Everythng looks to be loaded properly. See lots of planes when flight loads but they disappeared in a few seconds.  It will stay uninstalled until an update.

I have used every version of Ultimate traffic and never had a single problem until "LIVE"

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

UT Live works great for me, except that if I reload P3DV4 in the same Windows session it crashes on sim boot up. Something that I'm sure will be sorted out in time. It's in beta at the end of the day. Other than that I think it behaves much more realistically than UT2, which I also loved.

15 hours ago, pgde said:

The executable file, utl_client, either crashes in the first 5 minutes or never loads. Numerous people have this problem which is unrelated to any aircraft or liveries. The crashes seem to be getting worse with each succeeding release. I am not sure they (Flight1 staff) have figured out what the problem is since the last release was on July 21. It is too bad you can't see all the posts in the Licensed User Forum for UTL complaining about this with no feedback that the problem has been identified. 

It's weird, because others (like me) are having no problems with UTL. 

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

1 minute ago, vp49p3 said:

It's weird, because others (like me) are having no problems with UTL. 

It's also a little difficult to overcome issues because there's no manual. You have to experiment a bit to get it to work.  For example, at first I thought you had to start UTL separately from P3d. That caused the utl client crash many times.  Then I realized when you start P3d UTL starts automatically without any further user action.  Now I don't have any issues-but I had to figure that out myself because there's no manual.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I am wondering if some if the people having issues with traffic disappearing have the FPS limiter set within UTLive.  It's probably best to set that to zero and just set a max number of aircraft visible. I use a max of 100 aircraft.  If you use the FPS function (I think it is in fact on by default) then yes, traffic will disappear if it is set too high.

As far as the crashes on startup, it's caused by the UTclient running in task manager.  Sometimes it does not shut down correctly and you have to 'end task'.  That's the only time it does that for me but it's a rare occurrence.  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, Parping Couplet said:

UT Live works great for me, except that if I reload P3DV4 in the same Windows session it crashes on sim boot up. Something that I'm sure will be sorted out in time. It's in beta at the end of the day. Other than that I think it behaves much more realistically than UT2, which I also loved.

See my post above for the workaround.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

23 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I am wondering if some if the people having issues with traffic disappearing have the FPS limiter set within UTLive.  It's probably best to set that to zero and just set a max number of aircraft visible. I use a max of 100 aircraft.  If you use the FPS function (I think it is in fact on by default) then yes, traffic will disappear if it is set too high.

As far as the crashes on startup, it's caused by the UTclient running in task manager.  Sometimes it does not shut down correctly and you have to 'end task'.  That's the only time it does that for me but it's a rare occurrence.  

I have my fps limit set at 15fps and aircraft at 300. These are the same settings I used in UT2 and it seems to work fine.

Checking task manager before a flight solved the client crash at startup problem for me. I typically fly on a fresh restart, so I usually don't see the bug. I only noticed when I was testing scenery and had to restart V4 multiple times without a computer restart. This workaround was discoveed a while ago, but I was looking in Task Manager/Applications for the client. I was only able to apply the workaround when I looked under processes.

13 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Have you tried checking task manager to see if the client (under processes) is running before you start a flight? I had the client crash issue, but making sure the process isn't running solved the issue. It is a workaround. I'm sure they'll find a permanent fix in the next release or final version. Aside from this issue, I have not had any problems with UTL.

Yes and that isn't the problem. You should see my Windows Event log errors with utl_client.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

46 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

This is not recommended by Flight1.

I wonder why Steve H never comes into this forumn to help out?  anyone would think hes trying to dodge  questions like he does in the old ut2 forumn which Is ignored 

14ppkc-6.png