Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate Traffic 2 and Live

I bought live and so far so good.  However, how do you get rid of the generic default planes like Pacifica, Orbx, etc.?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

3 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I bought live and so far so good.  However, how do you get rid of the generic default planes like Pacifica, Orbx, etc.?

The easiest is to set the traffic slider to 0. UTLive uses its own method and doesn't depend on the the in-sim traffic setting. You can also rename the traffic bgl to off but I don't remember offhand what the exact name is or where it's located.

Walter Meier

1 hour ago, wsmeier said:

The easiest is to set the traffic slider to 0. UTLive uses its own method and doesn't depend on the the in-sim traffic setting. You can also rename the traffic bgl to off but I don't remember offhand what the exact name is or where it's located.

Yup......the default traffic file is located in your main P3D directory/Scenery/World/Scenery and it is the trafficAircraft.bgl. Just rename it and default traffic will be history:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thanks everyone!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

12 minutes ago, RICFLY said:

I'm another one with the client not working problem. So unusable.

No it works I'm using it with no issues.  

14ppkc-6.png

10 minutes ago, tooting said:

No it works I'm using it with no issues.  

It does seem to cause problems for some people, though. I started getting crashes after installing it, resulting in a need to clean install P3d to recover. I'm not sure that UT was at fault, but I haven't been game enough to re-try it.

Seeing that you folk have bought this thread back from the grave after a couple of months - in the interim, has there been any work going on to make this a more mature product, or have the devs gone quiet like they did for UT2?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Neal,

I'm sure your probably aware of this but in the p3d settings there is a slider for ai traffic. You might want to check that that is not set to zero as i'm fairly certain that it overides the amount of traffic utlive shows 

rgds

Pete Little

On 15/10/2017 at 4:10 PM, RICFLY said:

The developer asked specifically inside the UTL official forums for people with your problem so he can contact them directly in order to debug the problem and give them an special edition.

Simbol 

On 8/24/2017 at 0:17 PM, tooting said:

UT2 works fine in p3d v4.  you just need the updated models.

I use it on vatsim with my updates with zero issues

I also have the UT2 client working with v4, but my issue is that I only ever see one or two UT2 aircraft. Somehow it's not populating the sim with planes even though every traffic setting is at 100% and the framerate limiters are set to unlimited/off in UT2.

I have hundreds of assigned repaints to the FAIB FSX native models (and some of the newest P3D models) but none appear except for the occasional plane.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

On 8/25/2017 at 11:27 PM, Zimmerbz said:

Turn off your default traffic by setting your traffic levels under PD3V4 to zero.

Simbol

22 hours ago, sddjd said:

I also have the UT2 client working with v4, but my issue is that I only ever see one or two UT2 aircraft. Somehow it's not populating the sim with planes even though every traffic setting is at 100% and the framerate limiters are set to unlimited/off in UT2.

I have hundreds of assigned repaints to the FAIB FSX native models (and some of the newest P3D models) but none appear except for the occasional plane.

Anyone have any ideas?

So an update- the client is working flawlessly with the following exception; I have had to go through and reassign all my custom repaints even though they were shown correctly prior to the 2016 schedule update. It seems that somehow that may have voided the assignments displayed by the client by breaking the database's assignments (I'm guessing).

For example, I had all a320's mapped to the FAIB models and none showed. Going through, deleting the assignment and then reassigning exactly the same aircraft caused them to display correctly. (no aircraft titles or .cfg files changed).

While this is less than thrilling, and worries me about losing all custom assignments again, at least I'm on the path to getting my AI visible!

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

On 8/24/2017 at 3:17 PM, tooting said:

UT2 works fine in p3d v4.  you just need the updated models.

Where do I get the updated models from?

49 minutes ago, portanav said:

Where do I get the updated models from?

.i can upload them for you.you have to install them and overwrite the old models

14ppkc-6.png

On 15/10/2017 at 4:10 PM, RICFLY said:

Which version do you have? The latest build addressed this problem, also be sure to install the correct SimConnet clients, they are located under your PD3V4\redist folder.

Install all of them excluding the Japanese and Russian.

Best Regards 

Simbol