Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

PTA Visibility Limit

So the visibilty limits you can set in Active Sky don't seem to work with P3D v4.

Does PTA have something that I can set so that I can't see 500 miles in front of me at FL350?

Cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

No.  And you cannot see 500 miles in front of you in real life either, unless you are in space.

And the visibility limits in Active Sky work just as expected in P3D4. They may not be what YOU want but they work just fine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So the visibilty limits you can set in Active Sky don't seem to work with P3D v4.

Does PTA have something that I can set so that I can't see 500 miles in front of me at FL350?

Cheers!

Well, at angels 35, you can see stars a touch, just a hair further out than 500 miles :)

Try setting your autogen distance to the middle for more realistic scenery and it will

help with pop-ups too. Not in PTA but in your P3D4 (at least in 4) options.

They'll still pop, but they do it all at once.