Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

G530 RealityXP Functionality

Hell all,

Considering replacing the Stock ,almost useless, G530, with the more prominent RealityXP one, I was wondering if there are any reviews made and more impotent can I assign Button & Switches to it ???

Cheers

Yair    

32 minutes ago, N1125Y said:

Considering replacing the Stock ,almost useless, G530

Why is the default GNS530 almost useless? You even have procedures.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

30 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

Why is the default GNS530 almost useless? You even have procedures.

.... can't assign Buttons/ switches , mouse is driving me nuts, and very unrealistic , I have G500 by DesktopAviators and manage to assign most of the impotent buttons Via FSX-SE controls, no such things in XP for the G530. Besides luck of NAVDATA, like when on the Airport info page I do not see the ILS Frequency, trying to get the AP page is hectic ( in FSX You highlight the Airport & Click enter, doesn't work in XP, Zoom in & out brings the area but doesn't get the Airport larger/smaller ..... & so on & so on, bottom line it is flimsy unfinished product .....

Yair               

1 hour ago, N1125Y said:

can't assign Buttons/ switches

Open the X-Plane keyboard settings, enter "gps" in the search box and scroll down until you find G430 (copilot) and G430 (pilot). Expand these entries and assign any buttons you like to all the GNS switches you need. (Although it's called G430, these settings are used for the GNS530, too).

For the other things, well, you should report it here: http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html 

7 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

Open the X-Plane keyboard settings, enter "gps" in the search box and scroll down until you find G430 (copilot) and G430 (pilot). Expand these entries and assign any buttons you like to all the GNS switches you need. (Although it's called G430, these settings are used for the GNS530, too).

For the other things, well, you should report it here: http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html 

Tnx Mario but:

•  I tried this too, and gained partial success
  • Already tried to get X-plane attention, so fare no luck, I do not understand the notion, setting up the G430 and not the G530, very weird by-itself
  • Even if I'll get the Buttons to function as desire, still it would't solve the other issues  I mentioned
  • I'm willing to invest another $50 with RXP, but I need to know that it will do what it's suppose to do with the to do 

Reg.      

16 minutes ago, N1125Y said:

setting up the G430 and not the G530, very weird by-itself

lol, well, maybe. Technical, both devices are the same (in relation to the simulation) and using the same X-Plane commands internally. The commands should better be named as "G430/530", to make that more clear. Still, with the keys properly assigned, that works like a charm. (My impression is that X-Plane itself feels a bit weird or unusual to you, compared to FSX. One needs to invest some time to get used to it, but a lot of things are possible.)

AFAIK, the RealityXP GPS uses the same commands as the default GPS, so you still have to assign them in X-Plane.

Besides that, it's using the Garmin trainer, so everything that the real device can do the RealityXP device should also be possible. Only drawback is that (unlike the X-Plane GNS) it can't be updated with navdata from Navigraph. It depends on the data included with the Garmin trainer. Once in a while one can download new versions of the Garmin trainer, and use the databases included there, but if current navdata are needed on a monthly basis, you have to stick with the default GPS.

There's a RealityXP forum at avsim, by the way: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/782-rxp-gns-530w430w/

• Upvote 1

..tnx Mario for the intel, it was very helpeful, I manage to assign all the keys to my DesktopAviator G500 Device ( I do not need the Com for this I'm using the M-Panel by VRInsight) and is working pretty good, and you are right it is kind of confusing, LR had to note that they both are using the same keys.

The other issue and I'm not sure it is some malfunction or it the design, the G530 build into FSX is way more functional than the XP Generic one, it bring more information  and allow an access to Nearest facilities ( Airports VOR etc). Highlighting the desire facility & clicking on the Cursor will bring you the info, for some reason it doesn't happened with XP 

Wonder if the RealityXP  functioning like the FSX or the XP ??? 

Reg.

Yair         

4 hours ago, N1125Y said:

Wonder if the RealityXP  functioning like the FSX or the XP ??? 

You might want to ask other customers directly in the Reality XP forum?

In short: the Reality XP GNS V2 for X-Plane or for FltSim works like the real GNS.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/767-the-realityxp-support-forum/

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)