Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Red halo around the Propeller ??

Red halo when Propeller is spinning, gets really annoying during nigh flight, is it suppose to be like this ??? 

Cheers

Yair 

Can you post a screenshot, not sure what you mean?

The propeller spinning effect in the C172 at least looks really good to me.

..just in red texture, but I have no idea how to load Pix ??? 

Are you using custom skycolors or some plugin modifying datarefs?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

They changed something about propellers a few patch ago 11.01 beta 1

http://developer.x-plane.com/2017/04/x-plane-11-01-beta-1-and-the-sdks/

Sadly the stock planes havent been updated after that change.

For 11.01 I chose to change the prop disc now to make everything completely consistent across all interfaces for the rest of the X-Plane 11 run. This isn't ideal, but running the prop discs with incorrect blending would be a performance penalty for the entire rest of the version run (we'd have to change rendering passes in Metal/Vulkan to support this) so I figured best to rip the bandaid off quick.

As with all gamma-correct blending, the most likely problem with this that the mid-alpha parts of your texture appear too bright in 11.01b1. Incorrect blending loses energy, so the natural authoring work-around is to make things too bright to compensate; now that you are seeing too much light energ you may have to back things off. Looking at our Cessna, the white paint on the prop disc is a little bit too bright with the change.

.hummmm ... I opend the link read the post, understand nothing from what they talking about, but I assume there is kind of a blending Colors bug, is that so ??????   

3 hours ago, Murmur said:

Are you using custom skycolors or some plugin modifying datarefs?

..yes I do, but as fare as I remember it was there prior the Skycolor installation ....   

I think it's just the outer tip texture of the spinner you're seeing.  I agree it is overdone from the cockpit 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 8/25/2017 at 5:10 AM, ryanbatcund said:

I think it's just the outer tip texture of the spinner you're seeing.  I agree it is overdone from the cockpit 

.. I think you are right, I was watching official LR Video on you tube and the halo is there too, however, it's exaggerated and annoying on night flight, nothing like this on a RW so I guess LR ware and will fix sometimes soon 

Cheers 

Yair