Sign in to follow this  
tedpan

screen goes dim/dark after about 15,000 of climbing..

P3Dv4 

havent yet, until today done a long-ish flight, mostly pattern stuff, very short local flights..

problem came after half hour of flight.. the P3D window became dark, nothing visible enough to see.. the plane continued to operate properly, copilot did a great job!

nothing i did changed the screen, short of changing aircraft or closing the sim.

I did activate the DC6 on install.. maybe an issue there?  should I deactivate the license and reactivate again?

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Learned the hard way a few weeks ago.

Above 12,000 or so, without pressurization panel set in advance, you gray out and then black out....

Roberto

15 hours ago, tedpan said:

I did activate the DC6 on install.. maybe an issue there?  should I deactivate the license and reactivate again?

No. This, and uninstall/reinstalls should only ever be done at our recommendation. This rarely ever fixes anything, and can cause additional issues that we'd have to chase (particularly with licensing, but reinstalls, too).

In this case, there is no real troubleshooting issue. If I sent you on top of a 15,000 foot mountain, you'd probably pass out there, too. Pressurization is important to allow your body to continue to breathe oxygen in the quantities that it is used to, and requires to function. It is imperative that you follow checklists, and ensure your aircraft is equipped to fly the route, profile, and duration of trip that you are attempting to fly. Don't jump to the conclusion that the unexpected is a bug or a problem with your installation. The gust lock is another one that people often attribute to being a bug, simply because they're not paying attention to what they're doing, and/or not reading the manual.

It's a tough line to walk. People want realism, and we try to give them as much as possible. Then, when the realism hits them full force in unexpected ways, they immediately jump to it being a bug. Don't do that :tongue: