Sign in to follow this  
MikeT707

I Got an Oculus Rift and Love It

6 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Ok all I then get is a black screen.

Close p3d.

Close oculus home.

Restart P3D: Do NOT Start p3d from the Oculus home app!

Oculus home should start at the same time

Choose virtual cockpit in P3d

If you still have a black screen, rotate your head slowly 360 degrees, it may be that the oculus is not setup correctly and the writing is behind you!

(always make sure to run the oculus setup program first and follow instructions carefully)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

35 minutes ago, tgcbraun said:

Mh quick question why ASW Off? Doesn't it greatly help to be smooth as low as 30 - 45 for? I don't know much about the option as I'm currently using win7 (about to change) which can't enable that. That's one of the many reasons I'm upgrading the hardware this weekend. 

And just as you mentioned before, switching the 2d and vr is very easy. I Just wished the mouse cursor (cross) to behave like in fly inside, which would be bit more accurate...

Cheers

JP

Asw can sometimes cause artifacts, depending on your machine and settings.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

28 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Close p3d.

Close oculus home.

Restart P3D: Do NOT Start p3d from the Oculus home app!

Oculus home should start at the same time

Choose virtual cockpit in P3d

If you still have a black screen, rotate your head slowly 360 degrees, it may be that the oculus is not setup correctly and the writing is behind you!

(always make sure to run the oculus setup program first and follow instructions carefully)

Thanks got it but it is very fuzzy.   What rez should I set P3Dv4 to for best VR performance? Will the tray app help with the fuzzies?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

You can change the supersampling amount up to 1.5 or 1.8 or even 2.0 but higher settings can adversely affect framerate!

Flyinside makes all of this a lot easier! Enough so that if I use P3d and vr, I prefer flyinside and P3dv3

Devons rig

You should also make sure to start the tray tool before anything else (oculus home, p3D..) otherwise the setting will not be applied...

JP

Ok got the tray tool and set your recommended settings but now the cockpit is way off center and I am sitting far right?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

10 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Ok got the tray tool and set your recommended settings but now the cockpit is way off center and I am sitting far right?

You can recenter view from the addons menu in p3d. I´d go at least 1.6 of SS, 1.7 if your PC can manage it.

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Thanks but I have no addons selection, is there another way I can center the VR view?. This is acting very strange because when I start P3D and then select VR virtual cockpit I have to put on the headset before it works. Also it seems important where the headset is facing or angled when I select VR virtual cockpit because the screen is up or down or to the side if I don't have the headset just right. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

24 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thanks but I have no addons selection, is there another way I can center the VR view?. This is acting very strange because when I start P3D and then select VR virtual cockpit I have to put on the headset before it works. Also it seems important where the headset is facing or angled when I select VR virtual cockpit because the screen is up or down or to the side if I don't have the headset just right. 

Lol l linked my list of p3d vr keyboard commands earlier in the thread, including the recenter command. :biggrin:

Devons rig

Should work with shift+Ctrl+,

or under HMD -Recalibrate Origin in Key assignaments.

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Personnaly i mapped the command to a button of my joystick, from controls/views menu...Also mapped the stereo enable/disable (it is recommended to turn stereo off. P3D defaults to stereo On)

JP

Stereo off tends to put you in an oversized cockpit.......

Devons rig

9 minutes ago, FuriousBird said:

Personnaly i mapped the command to a button of my joystick, from controls/views menu...Also mapped the stereo enable/disable (it is recommended to turn stereo off. P3D defaults to stereo On)

JP

If you turn stereo off then you don´t have 3D, only as Hiflyer said, an oversized 2D cockpit.

28 minutes ago, chass32 said:

Should work with shift+Ctrl+,

or under HMD -Recalibrate Origin in Key assignaments.

That does not effect the VR cockpit. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png