Hello

I am trying to set up my Thrustmaster Warthog within P3D v4 using a registered copy of FSUIPC5.  I require guidance and advice on the procedure.

I understand that several of the buttons and switches require macros to be setup in order for them to work but FSUIPC5 does not support the macro feature.

I understand that there is a procedure to map buttons and switces without using macros but I am findind the procedure too dificult to use. 

Can anyone assist or guide me step by step in setting up my Thrustmaster Warthog are there any tutorials or guides for dummies?

Clive Alexander

1 hour ago, clive6354 said:

I am trying to set up my Thrustmaster Warthog within P3D v4 using a registered copy of FSUIPC5.  I require guidance and advice on the procedure.

The Thrustmaster is really just like any other JS or throttle as far as FSUICP is concerned.

Have a look at this Froogle video to see how to use FSUICP:

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have watched this video file many times but the version of FSUIPC in this video is not FSUIPC 5 and version 5 does not support mouse micros which makes mapping of many buttons and swiches very difficult

33 minutes ago, clive6354 said:

I have watched this video file many times but the version of FSUIPC in this video is not FSUIPC 5 and version 5 does not support mouse micros which makes mapping of many buttons and swiches very difficult

Hi, welcome to the wonderful world of FSUIPC and programming hardware. It really does make the FlightSim experience much better and more immersive to avoid the keyboard and mouse!

A couple of comments and suggestions to point you down the path into the forest....

1) Be aware that many aircraft have degrees of custom programming that supersede/replace the default FSX commands. For example, electrical systems. The default FSX/P3D/ESP electrical commands will not work with many complex aircraft that have more detailed electrical system simulations. Note that in the default sim, there are no commands for circuit breakers. To assign the aircraft's custom programming to hardware such as the Thrustmaster, you may have to do a little programming in Lua language. PS Mouse macros are not that great, they had very limited capability and were not well supported.

2) In general, if you are going to use FSUIPC to handle the joy hardware, you want to completely disable the default controls in the sim. There is a single check box in Options->Controls to enable/disable controllers in the sim.

3) A good starting point to understand all this stuff is using LINDA. It is a more accessible graphical interface for programming hardware that does a lot of other cool stuff like allowing you to expose the custom programming in an aircraft model. The forum here at Avsim is very good and there are lots of folks contributing Lua code that your Thrustmaster kit can use to drive the sim. Here is the direct link: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/ I haven't used LINDA regularly in a few years so I'm not sure of it's support for FSUIPC5.

4) The 2nd and 3rd posts of this link from my website may be of use to you. There are some templates that you can use to record how the buttons are assigned and some example FSUIPC programming I developed for Dino C.'s T-45C model. These work in P3Dv3 but I have not tried them in P3Dv4 yet (but pretty sure they will work). If you look at these code snippets, you will see a mixture of default sim commands and custom programming to perform the aircraft functions. https://uchisworld.wordpress.com/tag/downloads/

Hope this helps get you headed in the right direction. The folks at the LINDA forum are really knowledgeable and helpful.

Henry

3 hours ago, clive6354 said:

As Henry says LINDA might be the way to go.
What aircraft are you trying to program?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

2 hours ago, oriusmagus said:

Hi,

also got that stick. is it possible to set up the two thrust levers individually with FSUIPC? So that the left one is for the left engine...

Greetings

Yes, most definitely.

I use the Warthog without FSUIPC. 

Mapped everything that I need for the PMDG planes in the controls view of P3D. 

I managed to map everything I need. Like autopilot off, autothrust off, reverse, a button for vpilot / mute fs2crew, etc etc. 

i think I have still 15 buttons left :-)

what a nice piece of hardware. 

I am interested. What functions did you map to the Warthog with FSUIPC that you were not able to with the standard config view?

Coming here again. Got problems with configurating the reversers. I want 2 switches to deal with the 2 reversers.

I just came to the end, that 1 switch deals with the 2 engine reversers. Dont know how to set them seperatly. Second problem is, that the reversers dont start full power. They are just in reverser idle. Anyone can help me?

P.S.: Question: are the fuction down the warthog throttle idle angle 2 buttons, as fsuipc shows as it. I already noticed that the throttle angle just go form idle to MAX. One cant configure the Reverser-Idle Position (Hope one can understand my question, dont know how to describe it :D)

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

I have my Thrustmaster throttle configured to use reverse thrust similar to a Beech B200 or C90 throttle. The setting at idle printed on the Thrustmaster is the "0" point. Forward of that is normal thrust, rear of that is beta range. If you use the switches, they will need to be repeatedly pressed OR set up to repeat automatically in the FSUIPC button definition.

Check out the FSUIPC user guide starting on page 40 for axes setup. A bit into that section, there is info about how to set the beta range.

13 hours ago, Henry Street said:

I have my Thrustmaster throttle configured to use reverse thrust similar to a Beech B200 or C90 throttle. The setting at idle printed on the Thrustmaster is the "0" point. Forward of that is normal thrust, rear of that is beta range. If you use the switches, they will need to be repeatedly pressed OR set up to repeat automatically in the FSUIPC button definition.

Check out the FSUIPC user guide starting on page 40 for axes setup. A bit into that section, there is info about how to set the beta range.

What does it mean "is a beta range"? Isnt it possible to config the rear range? Will check your advice

Edit: i guess i got it. interchanged to keys. working now. Question left is, if one can separat the reversers as the throttle levers. Levers are axis, reversers are buttons. As now one reverser button controls both reversers.

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil