Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Anyone here use Virtual Avionics CDU with PMDG 737/747/777?

I am interested in this product. I have used Remote CDU in the past, but wanted to get some opinions about VA'S CDU. I couldn't find any response in their forum, so I am asking here. Does anyone have experienced with this product and can tell me if its worth the $22 compared to Remote CDU. Which one is better overall, what are some key features of it, and do you think it's worth its price. With their lack of customer contact in their forum, I am kind of afraid of purchasing this with no support available.

I'm interested in P3D v4 compatibility.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I use the 737 version with P3D v4 and it's flawless. Although I just ordered a Flight Deck Solutions full scale CDU to continue building my home cockpit, I will use the Virtual Avionics one until it arrives. 

I definitely recommend it. 

I use it with each PMDG airframe. I like the CDU appearance on my iPads and they provide full and instant functionality. The team has been a bit busy with other projects, and thus have spent a bit less time on the forum, but they answer email, provide support, and even with this latest v4 transition, worked hard and fast to support it.

I wouldn't hesitate.....

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi Aaron

I have the 777 and 737 versions and it is very good.  No hangups/crashes - works very well and adds alot to the overall experience.

Thanks guys... is it possible to run multiple instances of the CDU, for example 1 for Captain's side and one for FO on the same iPad?

btw, I would love to get a real dedicated CDU from Flightdeck Solutions, but very expensive. How much does it cost to get something like this? I would need to buy 2 and then how does it interface with the sim? Are the connections via USB and what kind of software would you need to get it to work with PMDG planes?

Will one CDU from Flightdeck Solutions work with 737, 777 and 747, or do I have to purchase a different CDU for each plane?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks guys... is it possible to run multiple instances of the CDU, for example 1 for Captain's side and one for FO on the same iPad?

btw, I would love to get a real dedicated CDU from Flightdeck Solutions, but very expensive. How much does it cost to get something like this? I would need to buy 2 and then how does it interface with the sim? Are the connections via USB and what kind of software would you need to get it to work with PMDG planes?

Will one CDU from Flightdeck Solutions work with 737, 777 and 747, or do I have to purchase a different CDU for each plane?

The FDS is $1000 Canadian $. It connects through USB and VGA. It connects to the sim using a dedicated software for each addon it supports (PMDG, IFLY, PROSIM, etc)

I'm pretty sure the FDS one can be used with any PMDG plane

That's very expensive! I think I'll stick with the Virtual CDU instead. How responsive is it? Is there any lag when you press something and the time it takes to show up in your sim?

Is there any audio feedback when you press the buttons like Remote CDU has?

On 25/08/2017 at 11:42 AM, flytrumpet767 said:

I use the 737 version with P3D v4 and it's flawless. Although I just ordered a Flight Deck Solutions full scale CDU to continue building my home cockpit, I will use the Virtual Avionics one until it arrives. 

I definitely recommend it. 

Hi

Any tips to getting this App to work on P3D V4 ?

I've just installed the demo version to evaluate it. Parked at Rio, with a validated VAInterface connection on the CDU, but no actual CDU data - just the VAInterface confirmation and the Disconnect option.

I know that it's not a SimConnect issue as I've got a networked version of AS currently running.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Gary

On 8/27/2017 at 1:30 PM, garydpoole said:

Hi

Any tips to getting this App to work on P3D V4 ?

I've just installed the demo version to evaluate it. Parked at Rio, with a validated VAInterface connection on the CDU, but no actual CDU data - just the VAInterface confirmation and the Disconnect option.

I know that it's not a SimConnect issue as I've got a networked version of AS currently running.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm not sure about the demo, but when this happens to me I right click the VA icon, then disable logging, then reenable it. It will need to close the VA interface.After restarting it, selecting the right profile in the drop down menu, it now works as it should.