Sign in to follow this  
ralinn

TERRA FLORA Approaching

Hi all!

Just a heads up, we have some screenshots and updates regarding Terra Flora!

We’re excited to announce that Terra Flora is currently nearing the end of BETA testing and will be in your hands shortly!

We’ve created a selection of screenshots that demonstrate Terra Flora across the globe. There are a lot more screenshots to come, including some from help of friends showing your favourite products!

Here are the facts about Terra Flora:

– Replacement for all default autogen to improve your simulation experience on a global scale
– High definition vegetation textures created by Russ White to raise the bar in detail
– Drastically improved colourisation over default vegetation for realism
– Seamless blending between TERRA FLORA and REAL FLORA in future airport updates
– Revised and optimised autogen models for performance
– Support for FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3 and P3D v4

Release date: September

Pricing: £19.99

Link for more screenshots here: https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/terra-flora-approaching/

TF_Cuba_01.jpg

TF_Canada_03.jpg

TF_Brazil_01.jpg

TF_Australia_01.jpg

TF_WinterSnow_02.jpg

TF_Winter_02.jpg

• Upvote 3

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs

So basically this product will replace FTX Trees HD and if so, how is it better?

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So basically this product will replace FTX Trees HD and if so, how is it better?

Hi Captain420,

It is indeed an alternative. Texturing and colourisation in global solutions such as vegetation is very subjective.

We'll be making continuous updates and also publishing new screenshots in time, so the decision is completely up to you whether you like what you see. :)

Thanks,

Russ

• Upvote 1

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs

it looks very good. Indeed would love to see a comparison, but looking at your airports ans the screenshots, we know that they will be magnificent and it will all be about taste again. Nice to see some competition in the tree area..instead od only weather textures e.g. :)^^. Thanks Russ ans the team!

Victor Roos

Looks magnificent, can't wait to pick it up.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

33 minutes ago, ralinn said:

It is indeed an alternative. Texturing and colourisation in global solutions such as vegetation is very subjective.

The most important question for me is: how does it affect performance? I know, there is no risk anymore to run into an OOM using high-res textures also for autogen trees. Still: back in the FSX days, the installation of FTX HD Trees did not only improve the visual appearance but surprisingly also improved performance. Your Trees look great, no doubt, but if it reverts the performance gain I have thanks to the FTX HD Trees or even worse, reducing performance compared to the stock trees, there is little chance for me buying this product...

EDIT: another aspect hitting me: the higher the resolution of the trees, the more shimmering is visible. Of course, there is no shimmering in screenshots. How does your trees behave regarding this issue? Do we need 20xSSAA to overcome shimmering? Especially those winter textures look like a shimmering prone detail structure...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

57 minutes ago, AnkH said:

The most important question for me is: how does it affect performance? I know, there is no risk anymore to run into an OOM using high-res textures also for autogen trees. Still: back in the FSX days, the installation of FTX HD Trees did not only improve the visual appearance but surprisingly also improved performance. Your Trees look great, no doubt, but if it reverts the performance gain I have thanks to the FTX HD Trees or even worse, reducing performance compared to the stock trees, there is little chance for me buying this product...

EDIT: another aspect hitting me: the higher the resolution of the trees, the more shimmering is visible. Of course, there is no shimmering in screenshots. How does your trees behave regarding this issue? Do we need 20xSSAA to overcome shimmering? Especially those winter textures look like a shimmering prone detail structure...

Hi AnkH,

As all computer hardware and configurations are different, I can't really say "Everyone will experience a performance boost". That wouldn't be true, no matter what the product did.

However, I can tell you that Terra Flora also has updated and optimised tree models that replace the default tree models, which now run a lot better.

Regarding shimmering - Although you're correct that the higher the resolution, the more potential there is for shimmering/aliasing, but this is what mipmaps were created to counter. I've encountered no shimmering my self, so we'll get a video together at some point to show this off.

Thanks,
Russ

• Upvote 1

logo.png

Russell Linn

Art Director

Turbulent Designs

How does this play with ORBX aiports/regions? I have all (yes) of them. ORBX airport trees blend seamless with ORBX trees, naturally. Will this be the case with your product, too? Does it exchange trees local to addon airports (not restricted to ORBX)?

Generally your tress look really good indeed.

Kind regards, Michael,

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

14 minutes ago, ralinn said:

Hi Michael!

This post from Greg may answer your questions:

https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/forums/topic/terra-flora-approaching/#post-3528

Thanks, exactly what I've been looking for.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Day one purchase for me, can't wait!

RE Thomason Jr.

Think I'll be getting this as well. Is this a standalone package or will we be forced to install the Turbulent manager as well? I don't have any other scenery from you as hope I don't have to have this manager software to simply load up a tree replacement which should be install once and not worry anymore about it. Thus no need for a manager to sit wasting HD space and/or yet having another piece of software needlessly hooking into P3Dv4. 

Eric 

Very impressive. Looking forward to release.

Hopefully Florida will look like what Florida is.

Russel Smith

• Upvote 1

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Great work, accordingly priced, getting it at once when released.

I think the important question is missed. Does this product will replace the speedtree autogen lime green horrible trees from P3Dv4 autogen ???

Tnx.

Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz ; Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i GT ; Mb Asus Maximus VIII Hero ; 240Gb SSD Kingston SSDNow V300+ 2TB SSD Samsung EVO exclusive for Prepar3D v3.2 + 2xSeagate 6TB SATA3 64MB ; 32GB DDR4 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws V Red ;  

Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB ; 48" TV Samsung HW-7500 Curved UHD 60Hz