Sign in to follow this  

Looking for 'study' plane: NGX still the best?

Ok, good to know about the textures. And FSLabs working together with LM!

1 minute ago, J van E said:

Ok, good to know about the textures. And FSLabs working together with LM!

I fully support the other posters in this thread who've advocated for a wait for release of the FSL airbus for P3Dv4 ;)

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

FSL320X_P3D_V4.png

FSL320X_P3D_V4_2.png

V4 preview

Full 4k screenshots coming soon.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

From a GA user's perspective this is an interesting thread.  I always thought pmdg was the king of the hill for you tube liner guys.  FSL it is now huh?  Or Majestic with their Q400?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

From a GA user's perspective this is an interesting thread.  I always thought pmdg was the king of the hill for you tube liner guys.  FSL it is now huh?  Or Majestic with their Q400?

My view is that the "hill" is crowned by at least the developers you list here. I own products from all three and fly them regularly, depending on my preference of the moment....each offers a different and completely satisfying experience.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

26 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

V4 preview

Well, yes, that looks quite nice. :happy:

I find this one amusing. Sure you can't compare it (price). But some things are interesting. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

27 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Depends really. Personally, I'd put A2A at the top of the hill of all the developers, since they've done excellent airliners, excellent GA aeroplanes, and indeed excellent warbirds as well, additionally, they've made a number of innovative add-on utilities too and are also a partner in the development of Flight Sim World, so their experience is far more wide ranging and their support is also top notch. But yeah, it's FSL, Majestic and PMDG which most people argue over as to who is the best at it as far as modern airliners go.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have to agree with what many said already in thhis tread, the FSL a320 is the absolute best money can by in flightsim. Countless hours of fun and something new learned every time I fly.

I had the aerosoft one before and although I am a massive airbus  fan I got bored of  it after a few flights because there is nothing to do with them, just go from A to B. 

wsith fslabs, its system depth and failures system  you can  have a new scenario every time. The concerns from OP about the  textures quality  is down to  the  very compresserd videos you find on youtube  or the P3D setting set way too dark. for my part  in my sim the cockpit looks absolutely glorious and  it will only get better with the next update.

Sure you have to wait for  P3Dv4.1, but the developper for aerosoft EHAM let  slip in a post that it was already in beta before the post was quickly edited by mathijs. And fslabs have been working on the v4 version for quite some time now  so I don't think it will be more  than a month  between the 4.1 release and  the fslabs 320 release.

I'm dying  a little every day waiting  to finally get my hands on the fsl 320 for v4. Just go for it OP its the best buy you'll ever make  for your sim especially if you're an airbus fan.

1 hour ago, Zuendholz said:

David, are you a vAMSYS Pilot? 

O yes. Both Ryanair for the NG and Easy for FSL.

I guy who use to post on here talked me into trying a VA out. I really was not keep, but I tried one Ryanair and I have to say I would not fly with out one now. 

Been flying the FSL 80% of the time so not many hours with Ryanair.

Ryanair class -150 landing rate as a perfect landing, so no greasers. Same for Easy.

ryanair.jpg

This is what the FSL does to you. :laugh:

BAV.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Indeed! The FSLabs A320 is just amazing. Best money can buy. 

Just watching Airline2Sim preview of it, give an inkling of the details...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The important thing we have all forgot to point out to J is you dont get one aircraft with the FSL A320, you get two.

The IAE version is like a sports car, no thrust needed to taxi, louder and sound more aggressive.

The CFM version is like a saloon car, very little noise, you need trust to taxi etc.

Fly one for a week and jump into the other and its really is noticeable in lots of ways.

Im really waiting for the Q400 P3Dv4 version but was intrigued with the FS labs Airbus. I thought the initial reports were that the performance of this add on was shocking? Really low FPS etc? Is this not the case now?

• Upvote 1

If you have a half decent rig you won't have any problem running  it. Most people complaning about performance on the forum are people  who don't  meet the minimum recommended hardware or try to use too high settings in P3D.

On my pc its performance are 3 to 5 fps less than  PMDG 777.  The good part however is that with spotlights  night performances are identical to daytime performances and lighting is much better than other addons,  be it the weird patterns you get  with night lignting  in pmdg products or the rubbish on/off type of cockpit like aerosoft airbuses.