Sign in to follow this  
Twenty6

Bert's Mods and altitude selector

Hi all

P3Dv4 and the Phenom300 v2

Modified the Phenom300 with the newest version of Bert's Mods as of this writing. Altitude selector should change by 1,000s, right-click 100s, but sometimes it changes by 10,000s, right-click 1,000s. Can't seem to find any rhyme or reason why it does that. Anyone else experiencing this?

Doesn't seem to matter if I load the Phenom300 directly or load a default plane and then switch. I'm wondering if one of the default Carenado gauges is interfering with a Bert modified gauge.

TIA for any suggestions.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

If you right-click again, does it switch back to 10,000s?

I have not seen this happen, and would not know what could cause it..

Bert

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you right-click again, does it switch back to 10,000s?

I have not seen this happen, and would not know what could cause it..

Yes, 10,000s, right-click 1,000s, right-click 10,000s, etc. Or 1,000s, right-click 100s, right-click 1,000s. Sometimes one way, sometimes the other. On any given startup I have no idea how the altitude selector is going to work.

The only changes I made to your mods is move all the readouts (N1, LFE, Fuel Flow, battery, etc) from the MFD to the PFD, put in some default v-speeds and expand the GTN750 to fill the MFD screen. I doubt any of that effects the altitude selector.

-J

I have trouble understanding what this could be, but I have sent you a slightly simplified autopilot to test..

Let me know the outcome!

Bert

On 8/25/2017 at 11:16 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I have trouble understanding what this could be, but I have sent you a slightly simplified autopilot to test..

Let me know the outcome!

Hi Bert,

Thanks for the effort, but no difference. Same thing happens.

I use the mouse's scroll wheel to change altitude up or down and was beginning to think I inadvertently clicked the scroll wheel while rotating it. But sometimes it starts in 10,000 mode so that's not it. Since only two people are having this problem it's something unique to our system.

-J

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Hi Bert,

I use the mouse's scroll wheel to change altitude up or down and was beginning to think I inadvertently clicked the scroll wheel while rotating it. But sometimes it starts in 10,000 mode so that's not it. Since only two people are having this problem it's something unique to our system.

In FSX, you could set

FixControlAccel=Yes

in FSUIPC to counter these kind of issues.. do not know about P3D..

Bert

7 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Hi Bert,

You're not the only one - I have it too! Very strange it must be said. In my case it changes between 100, 1K and 10K on a seemingly random basis.

Overall though the GTN makes the Phenom 300 extremely enjoyable to fly, now if only I could figure out CSC...

hi

i have same problem

has anyone sorted this out yet 

would be very grateful

jeff storey

Gday all

Bert your mods rock m8, i was wondering since i used your mods for the Carenado biz jets for v3, could you please send me your latest mods for v4 of these thanks m8 will send you a pm.

Cheers

Hi, Bert

it works very well the modification of the altitude selector, great !!

thank you very much!!

another detail

the button of the PDF specifically the pressure selector, has the option to press to restore the standard pressure (29.92). when I press it does not work and it is somewhat fastidious to adjust manually.

any solution??

On 9/5/2017 at 6:46 PM, Gabriellc said:

Hi, Bert

it works very well the modification of the altitude selector, great !!

thank you very much!!

another detail

the button of the PDF specifically the pressure selector, has the option to press to restore the standard pressure (29.92). when I press it does not work and it is somewhat fastidious to adjust manually.

any solution??

Someone needs to program this to work correctly... volunteers? :happy:

Bert