Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Hurricane Hunting

Just now, Gridley said:

I was just asking the same thing in the P3d forum.  

I have the old FS-KBT P-3 orion working in P3Dv4, though it's a bit rough and many of the repaints are not DX10/11 compatible.  It starts up and flies, but nothing fancy as far as gauges.

My big question is how to create a flight plan that has lat/lon as fixes - is that even possible?

Thanks!

sg

I created a " Mission adaptive Flight Plan Editor " it enables flight plans to be created or modified during flight , any flight plans created with it

only apply to the current sim session ,  they cannot be saved .

The Flt Pln editor is contained in an MFD ( F-111_MFD!DAT49 ) , place the MFD folder in the panel folder of the aircraft that you wish to use and

create a Pop Up window in your panel cfg .

The instrument enables Lat/Longs to be entered into a Flt Plan , entries can be made in any of the 3 Lat/Long formats , any entries made will

show up as Flt Plan lines on your GPS unit , and if you are using the autopilot the Flt Plan will be flown .

If you are interested the instrument ( MFD ) is available freeware at either Simviation or Flightsim website .

Do a search for ' F-111 Pig HUD '  it will give you either the Full aircraft or just the panel , the applicable version is 

Build standard 8 .

The download includes a "Flight Manual" that describes the operation of the Flt Pln Editor .

I realise that it will be a hassle and that it requires creating a Pop Up Window but you will be able to enter Lat/Longs .

An alternate option is to load that F-111 aircraft ( FSX only ) , and fly that into the eye of the storm .

Cheers

Karol

• Upvote 1

didn't someone create a hurricane hunter gauge and upload it to the avsim library?

Edit: 

Found the file, but its FS2004 material...

jelair-hurricanehunterweathermonitor(fs2004)_176973.zip

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity