Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Help me Learn the NGX (Tutorial 2) - Looking for Pointers

Hey NGX users,

I have had NGX for years for my FSX, and in that time, I never really bothered to learn to fly it in depth.  Even though I play with Prepar3d v4 a lot, but I decided to install FSX-SE with DX10 Fixer (I am floored on how smooth it runs now, with barely any tweaks).

Before I learn to master my 777 for p3d, I decided let me learn NGX for FSX before I start buying other planes for P3D.

I did tutorial 2, and somehow managed to land the bird manually in Innsbruck but there is so much I do not understand on what is happening?

For example, I do not understand the steps for fix on page 0.00.104 to 0.00.107 (pg 104 of pdf) and the reasons of the steps in Approach explanation briefing.  Sure I can pretend to follow the steps and land the bird, but I do not know what the terms mean and do - like what is DME and I still can not understand fully on how to read the charts listed in the pdf.  Even in 0.00.97 - why would someone do bearing bearing flying? what does this solve.  I don't even understand on its purpose etc.

What I am trying to figure out is - is there some online reference which can teach me step by step reference on why this happens and what this means on the chart.

Also, how do I make the flights dynamic.  I can't just keep going over the checklist and fly the bird and land with ils.  That is like repeating same thing over and over.  I want to know what challenges can happen and to do new things that gets my money's worth with my NGX purchase.

For flight planning I have trial of fs commander and simbrief.  My budget is limited till December to buy flight addons, so I want to learn as much as I can for free if possible.

Could someone point me in the direction? Help me become a better NGX flight simmer

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Hey NGX users,

I have had NGX for years for my FSX, and in that time, I never really bothered to learn to fly it in depth.  Even though I play with Prepar3d v4 a lot, but I decided to install FSX-SE with DX10 Fixer (I am floored on how smooth it runs now, with barely any tweaks).

Before I learn to master my 777 for p3d, I decided let me learn NGX for FSX before I start buying other planes for P3D.

I did tutorial 2, and somehow managed to land the bird manually in Innsbruck but there is so much I do not understand on what is happening?

For example, I do not understand the steps for fix on page 0.00.104 to 0.00.107 (pg 104 of pdf) and the reasons of the steps in Approach explanation briefing.  Sure I can pretend to follow the steps and land the bird, but I do not know what the terms mean and do - like what is DME and I still can not understand fully on how to read the charts listed in the pdf.  Even in 0.00.97 - why would someone do bearing bearing flying? what does this solve.  I don't even understand on its purpose etc.

What I am trying to figure out is - is there some online reference which can teach me step by step reference on why this happens and what this means on the chart.

Also, how do I make the flights dynamic.  I can't just keep going over the checklist and fly the bird and land with ils.  That is like repeating same thing over and over.  I want to know what challenges can happen and to do new things that gets my money's worth with my NGX purchase.

For flight planning I have trial of fs commander and simbrief.  My budget is limited till December to buy flight addons, so I want to learn as much as I can for free if possible.

Could someone point me in the direction? Help me become a better NGX flight simmer

You'll love this guys tutorials.   https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=UBQ%3D&q=fsx+767+driver+ngx+tutorials

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

15 hours ago, OneWhoKnocks53 said:

You can start with some video tutorials, search flightdeck2sim on youtube.  this should get you started.

Thanks for your help. 

14 hours ago, G7USL said:

Excellent links.  Thank You

• Upvote 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)