Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Dawn, Dusk and Night Flight - Florida

Hi Everyone,

Black Marble and Night Environment night lighting and roadways in use. Additional 3rd. party addons include, Orbx, Hi-Fi, Env-Tex and PTA.

This video was taken at the following locations: Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Orlando. It contains dawn, dusk and night flight.

This is - S W E E T

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Beautiful videos.

• Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Mike

From your earlier posting, I see you are using MEgascnery Florida V4. since this is photo scenery how would Black marble work here?  Its only Night environment that would work..right?

2) IF you are not using the MEgascenry FL. Why would you use Night Environment in addition to black marble? Does  NE add to Black marble? Doesn't black marble and MB Vector take care of all the lights?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,

I don't run mega anymore, I've installed the Orbx global collection. I run both sets of lights for the following reason.

Night Environment's lights are library object lights, library objects extend farther than Landclass objects; but they lack the flexibility of landclass objects. Night Environment runs Library Object type lighting with their own custom photo real ground splash textures.

Night Environment splash textures are photo real textures designed to blend over a photo real sets, so the day and night layers act the same in that they both block Landclass Autogen Objects. So by disabling Night Environment's splash textures "only", I still keep the Library Object lighting active and this allows Landcalss objects to show.

Now I use Black Marble to give me worldwide road vector data along with ground splash textures and when I use this combination, it allows all the landclass and all autogen objects to come through and be part of the scenery. So now I have Night Environment style lighting instead of the much more restricted Landclass lighting that's restricted to P3D's radius.

The end result can be found in my photos and videos.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

21 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi Manny,

So by disabling Night Environment's splash textures "only", I still keep the Library Object lighting active and this allows Landcalss objects to show.

The end result can be found in my photos and videos.

Thanks Mike

1 More Q. How do you disable only the textures of NE?

• Upvote 1

Manny

Hi Manny,

On the NE GUI you will see a slider (on the bottom) that says Night Texture Splash Map, turn that off.

• Upvote 1

Hi Manny,

Here is how I have NE Setup. All I run in NE is Volumetric lighting and orange lights at 100% or 50% if the draw is too much. Uncheck Night Texture Splash Map and you're done in NE, load up Black Marble and you should have both lights working. Just make sure you turn off Orbx lighting if it has not been done already, check your scenery config and make sure all orbx light entries are unchecked.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi Manny,

On the bottom of their NE GUI you will see a slider (on the bottom) that says Night Texture Splash Map, turn that off.

Thanks, Mike! 

Manny