Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

VancouverPlus Version 3

Has anyone tried installing Vancouver Plus version three into P3Dv4.

It was a beautiful rendition of one of the most beautiful cities and areas of the world. I wonder how it would play with the ORBX Pacific Northwest region?

Kind regards,

I installed it and flew a few flights around the area since.  seems to generally work.  the downtown area doesn't seem to have night lighting, but I haven't tested it extensively.  on my dusk flight the lights didn't come on.  I did one flight with the PMDG NGX from FSDT's CYVR with ftx pnw and vancouver plus active, and I had acceptable frames all around, and no OOM which would have never happened before.

Hi Shawn,

Did you just point the installer at your P3Dv4 root file, or how did you do it?

I wonder if the night lights were suppressed with the FTX light configurator?

So you got FSDT's CYVR to work in P3Dv4 too? Wow! I own that too.

If you apply to be my new best friend, I will accept! :happy:

Hmmm... Sounds like it is all worth trying

Kind regards,

It was about a month and a half ago, so I don't remember exactly,  I did use the Estonian migrator on some installs, but I doubt it is necessary here (and some on here claim it is never adviseable).  you do want to disable the ai traffic, since some of it is fs9 based.  fsdt CYVR has a native v4 installer, so no problems there

I did have some screenshots on that flight...

2017-7-29_0-42-59-428.jpg

All FSDT sceneries work out of the "box." Just make sure you update using the Live Updater and you'll be all set. 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

2 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Did you just point the installer at your P3Dv4 root file, or how did you do it?

In my case, I left the scenery installed in my FSX folder and simply added two lines to the P3D scenery.cfg file, pointing to the two VanPlus entries.

Looks great!

Bert

15 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

In my case, I left the scenery installed in my FSX folder and simply added two lines to the P3D scenery.cfg file, pointing to the two VanPlus entries.

Looks great!

Thanks Bert for this tip I was wondering about doing exactly this for Van 3 and other addons.  Vancouver is one of my favorite cities been there a number of times over the years.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I have it working, and with autogen up to the edge of the world it looks simply stunning and performs that much better than in previous versions. So I can at least tell you it can be done.

I doubt it's just adding lines to scenery.cfg, though. There are 48 additional terrain.cfg entries being a bit tricky to add and if I am not mistaken also some more directories (effects?) involved.

Unfortunately, I didn't take notes either when I installed it months ago, but in any case I did it without the Estonian thingy. There are some remarks scattered by Holger Sandmann (one of the authors) and Poppet Elaine (which actually are for Prepar3d3 but apply despite). As a start, there are a few remarks by Holger in the FsAddon forum

http://fssupport.com/fsaddonforum/index.php?topic=34.0

(scroll down, it's not only for TF) with more scattered on the ORBX forum and AVSIM. Somehow, I managed to combine them and got it to work, as far as I can tell properly (up to, maybe, night lighting, as I never fly at night).

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The terrain.cfg entries are only needed if you use the scenery without ftx pnw.  The original scenery included custom landclass and textures for much of southern BC in addition to the city.  ftx pnw made all of that redundant.  In either case, I never copied the terrain.cfg entries over in my install, I just checked the ftx compatibility option in the vancouver control panel.

Poppet sure did a masterful job illustrating exactly what to do for installing both Tongass Fjords and UT2 into Prepare3Dv4. :biggrin:

I have followed both sets of instructions and enjoy them immensely. :ampun: Hope she is watching this thread and feels like stepping up once again!

How about one of you that have made Vancouver Plus work putting a step by step guide together for rather slow witted old fellows like me? :blink:

Kind regards,

6 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Poppet sure did a masterful job illustrating exactly what to do for installing both Tongass Fjords and UT2 into Prepare3Dv4. :biggrin:

I have followed both sets of instructions and enjoy them immensely. :ampun: Hope she is watching this thread and feels like stepping up once again!

How about one of you that have made Vancouver Plus work putting a step by step guide together for rather slow witted old fellows like me? :blink:

Kind regards,

Looking for this:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

37 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Looking for this:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Yes sir, Exactly that for P3Dv4! How (exactly) did you do it? :huh:

Those pics look great.  Jon Patch did an amazing job over the years until his untimely death.  Too bad this amazing addon will never be updated.  RIP Jon.

\Robert Hamlich/

14 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Yes sir, Exactly that for P3Dv4! How (exactly) did you do it? :huh:

I had an old backup copy of FSX and just to test it for you I copied the main VanPlus v3 folder and added the sceneries manually, but despite the fact that it looks good it still doesn't perform well at all. I had FTX PNW so I did not have to mess with the config. Performance, was the primary reason why I never installed it in again. FPS are low and there are some stutters.

Someone with a better rig might have better results.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.