Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

VancouverPlus Version 3

14 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I had an old backup copy of FSX and just to test it for you I copied the main VanPlus v3 folder and added the sceneries manually, but despite the fact that it looks good it still doesn't perform well at all. I had FTX PNW so I did not have to mess with the config. Performance, was the primary reason why I never installed it in again. FPS are low and there are some stutters.

Someone with a better rig might have better results.

Not sure my rig is better, or I have lower settings, but it performs nicely on my vintage  4770K@4.1 - GTX770 system..

Bert

18 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Those pics look great.  Jon Patch did an amazing job over the years until his untimely death.  Too bad this amazing addon will never be updated.  RIP Jon.

Yes Robert, Jon brought a great deal of talent and direction to our flight sim world. He was a giant. Even still, Vancouver Plus version 3 should be highly adaptable to P3D v4 one way or another.

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I had an old backup copy of FSX and just to test it for you I copied the main VanPlus v3 folder and added the sceneries manually, but despite the fact that it looks good it still doesn't perform well at all. I had FTX PNW so I did not have to mess with the config. Performance, was the primary reason why I never installed it in again. FPS are low and there are some stutters.

Someone with a better rig might have better results.

I remember poor performance as well in FSX. However, the details and extra smaller airports were such charmers.

Does Holger have much to say on how to utilize? Seems a shame just to let it stale date into obscurity.

BTW, here is a link into Popett's step-by-step for Tongass Fjords.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491556-installing-tongass-fjords-x-prepar3d-v3-v4/

Kind regards,

Tried it in v4 - works fine so far.... I remember it in FSX days combined with PNW and FSDT CYVR it brought any CPU to its knees ( especially with the NGX) And would OOM almost all the time.

Using a 7700k and P3d v3/v4 works like a charm now. Taking off and landing a CYVR at 30FPS+ is a treat.

1 hour ago, planechaser said:

Tried it in v4 - works fine so far.... I remember it in FSX days combined with PNW and FSDT CYVR it brought any CPU to its knees ( especially with the NGX) And would OOM almost all the time.

Using a 7700k and P3d v3/v4 works like a charm now. Taking off and landing a CYVR at 30FPS+ is a treat.

Hi Planechaser,

Exactly how did you port it over to P3D?

Kind regards,

13 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Hi Planechaser,

Exactly how did you port it over to P3D?

Kind regards,

Stephen,

If I were you, I would install FSX, then VanPlus v3, make the adjustments in the config by enabling PNW and disabling everything else, then copy the files to P3D v4. Add the sceneries manually. Since you have FTX PNW, you don't need the Terrain.cfg entries.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

for my own install, despite me not remembering whether I had the estonian migrator on or not, I just installed it and ran the config, added the sceneries and then flew and it worked fine.  this was co-developed by Holger, so no compatibility issues with ftx unless you don't check the ftx option in the config

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, planechaser said:

Hello Plane chaser. Can you give me a detail of exactly what files to copy?

I have PD3d V3 installed on another HD with Van plus installed, I used migration tool and it works great in V3 but Man do I want this in V4. SO what scenerys and place it where. Little more detail .... I don't want to mess up V4. I live in Vancouver fly it all the time ,PNW is good but its the little things that made VAN plus and Victoria SO GOOD!

Thanks in Advance.

I just refer to the two entries: Van+ Higher and Lower Priority in the FSX directory, on a different SSD.

P3D does not have any problems with it.

Try simply adding them in the Scenery Manager.

Bert

Hey Bert did what you said opened up Add scenery in V4 - went to Prepar3d v3 checked  the higher and lower + Victoria folders from V3 Addons and OK. It compiled them and Then V4 Crashed to desk top. Ok got me a little worried but restarted V4 again and went to Langley airport and Voila ,Adrian's restaurant is there and proper runways , took off and all the bridges and even the roller coaster at the PNE . Vancouver is BACK! I am happy as a clam if clams are happy.

It did take a little hit on Frame rates from 50-55 to 30-35 but still smooth, this 64 bit version is a dream compared to V3.

PS what positon in the scenery library is a good spot for van plus to be in ?Right now it is at #2,3 #1 is Dream team YVR I have PNW plus many airports installed.

Thank you Bert Now that was easy!

21 hours ago, iamcanadian2 said:

Hello Plane chaser. Can you give me a detail of exactly what files to copy?

I have PD3d V3 installed on another HD with Van plus installed, I used migration tool and it works great in V3 but Man do I want this in V4. SO what scenerys and place it where. Little more detail .... I don't want to mess up V4. I live in Vancouver fly it all the time ,PNW is good but its the little things that made VAN plus and Victoria SO GOOD!

Thanks in Advance.

I just used the Estonia Migration Tool to point to the main P3d folder. It then should install in its own directly FSADDON- then 2 folders VANPLUS HIGHER  VANPLUS LOWER.

I don't know if it will work outside the main P3d folder via addon.xml. Although recommended by LM , some older sceneries have to install in the main sim folder or will not work properly.

Plus if you run Orbx PNW/NRM , you have to set that in the configurator tool .

Originally I tried to copy the folders manually ( without the EMT) ,but get a large amount of error messages. 

If you want to be completely safe , make a backup of your P3d folder before using anything with the Estonia Migration Tool. Therefore , if anything goes astray, you can easily return back .

Other than that , it runs great and as long as you don't get major stutters,  or big performance issues , CTD's it should be good

3 hours ago, iamcanadian2 said:

PS what positon in the scenery library is a good spot for van plus to be in ?Right now it is at #2,3 #1 is Dream team YVR I have PNW plus many airports installed.

I think that is just fine.  That is roughly where I have them as well.

CYCD, CYYJ, BC Ferries higher, but not sure that matters..

Bert