Sign in to follow this  
asianwings

Good payware 787 and A380

HI.

Judging by your posts over the last few days, you don't seem very clued into the hobby or the state of development. This is more than ok, and let me say "welcome to the world of Flight Sim!" I suggest you use the search function in the upper right on the page to check for topics so you don't end up asking the same questions that have been asking over and over again. :) 

Despite that, I will answer your question. Right now there is a 787 under development by Quality Wings. It is expected to be released some time this year (many people will reply with cynicism to this statement. Watch...) 

As for the A380, there is no good variant available. A few dev teams have mentioned up that they are going to attempt them, but the fact remains that currently there isn't so much as a render. (even MORE cynicism will follow below. Enjoy) 

Welcome to the Avsim forums. Have fun.

• Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

9 hours ago, asianwings said:

Any good payware planes and developers?

As for the A380, I have the AFS and Wilco products and would not recommend either of them. I never bought the Perfect Flight A380 for FSX because my experience with that developer's products in FS9 was far from perfect!! There is also the Overland A380 which I note has had some good comments in reviews but I suspect may not have very much systems depth.

With regard to the 787, I wouldn't be tempted by the AFS payware as their products are generally poor but, as Steve says, wait for the Quality Wings release - however long that will take!

Bill

Quality Wings are nearing release of 787. They havent said how much yet

Quality Wings I see has many Youtube videos on their 787. It looks impressive. I hope their finished product is at least as good as PMDG aircraft.

2 minutes ago, rfresh737 said:

Quality Wings I see has many Youtube videos on their 787. It looks impressive. I hope their finished product is at least as good as PMDG aircraft.

Doubt that it will based on my experience with their 757.  Their flight model is always great, but systems depth is left to be desired.  I would say probably on par with Aerosoft aircraft.  Just wish FS2crew would support QW.  Seems to me that's the missing link for their aircraft in making the flight experience a bit more realistic.  Just my opinion.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

> but systems depth is left to be desired.

I don't think the systems themselves matter that much in our sim aircraft. We focus mainly on the flying and hope the systems have been modeled enough so that we can fly fairly well.

As an FYI the 787 systems are a huge design departure from Boeings traditional aircraft systems design. All in the name of efficiency but as an old school Boeing systems instructor, I do not like what they've done with the 787 systems at all. Wing anti-icing for example is not done using hot bleed air as it has been done on ALL Boeing aircraft going back to their B-707! The 787 uses electrical heating panels to anti-ice the wings.

I could go on and on about that but no point. I'm just saying the 787 systems is a huge design departure, but I don't that will affect the QW 787 version very much if at all.