Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

744 VC window reflection mod

vc window reflection mod is available in the lib, subtle reflection of the glare shield and other stuff around the window glass with a measure of window wear/dirt:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=200847&CatID=p3dacrp

744w2.jpg

744w1.jpg

i've been around here long enough to know few people don't like internal window reflections and prefer absolute transparency so it's a personal preference.  I personally like subtle reflection of the glare shield and other things that gives it a sense of space and realism.

whatever your preference, happy flying.

MOD EDIT: These updated/modded files are being provided with PMDG permission having been obtained.

• Upvote 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

conventional reflections--static.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Nice! Subtle reflections is the key - unlike the very distracting reflections in the default FSX 747 VC! :blink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Amazing, PMDG will let you do that but they won't let me paint the cockpit.

• Upvote 3

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

You were asked to send your repaint for approval to PMDG you refused to do it. So technically is your fault. I can not understand why you keep blaming PMDG

• Upvote 3

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

It was sent in and they refused it. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

28 minutes ago, warbirds said:

It was sent in and they refused it. 

What was there reason?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

They said the textures did not look good :)

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

10 hours ago, warbirds said:

DID PMDG let him do that?

EDIT: Disregard. The original post had been edited to indicate that they did. That note hadn't been there before.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

11 hours ago, warbirds said:

Amazing.

He was asked to send his files in and - guess what, Paul - he complied. It's amazing that this is somehow surprising to you, and how simple this whole thing could've been.

Additionally, he didn't really modify things to the level that you did.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: don't try and shoehorn drama in where it is unnecessary.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

Drama? 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

5 hours ago, warbirds said:

Drama? 

Yes. Coming in here and attempting to stir up drama surrounding our decision to allow this mod versus not allow yours. This thread isn't about you. Don't try to make it. Doing so is, inherently, dramatic.

...that's also not mentioning the incredible amount of unnecessary drama that came out of me making a simple request of you to send your files to us. Something that, for reasons I still do not understand, you refused to do...going so far as to send them to someone, to have them sent to us.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

On 9/4/2017 at 1:03 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Something that, for reasons I still do not understand, you refused to do...going so far as to send them to someone, to have them sent to us.

Now that's just insane.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.