Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best way to stream/control P3D to iPad?

Does anyone know the best way to accomplish this? I would like to be able to monitor/control my flights remotely, especially for those extremely long flights over 3+ hours. I can't sit that long at my desk and need to step away and do other things.

I'm not sure which app would be suited best for this type of situation. There are so many of them on the app store. But I would prefer something with low latency for better response. I tried using the Microsoft Remote Desktop, but everytime I connect to my desktop, Prepar3D pops up a window saying it can't work in remote mode and I have to quit it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I've used Splashtop to stream games to my laptop. It can stream to/from most platforms, and is free as long as you just use it on your local network. I've used it for strategy games and such, and it has ok latency for that, so I suppose P3D would also work acceptably. Shooters and racing games would probably not work too well over Splashtop. You'd have to look into something like Nvidia Shield if you want streaming with extremely low latency.