Sign in to follow this  
Jethro

Main Page - side menu - cut off

Hi guys,

Could be something changed during recent forum maintenance could you take a look please. 
Over the last couple of days I've noticed the Main forum page "right side menu - Recent topics" many of the longer topic titles are cut partway through a word.
Shorter titles are unaffected, mouse hover shows the full topic title popup. 

EDIT: I've also noticed that long topic titles in subforums are all showing three dots  (example this topic:  Main Page - side menu - cu…  ) Has there been a IPS4 software update, as most of the forums using IPS4 are now showing this same "three dot format"  to shorten topic titles.

I'm using IE11 browser.

33975ca3186112584fad711c3ef0f214.jpg

4 hours ago, Jethro said:

EDIT: I've also noticed that long topic titles in subforums are all showing three dots  (example this topic:  Main Page - side menu - cu…  ) Has there been a IPS4 software update, as most of the forums using IPS4 are now showing this same "three dot format"  to shorten topic titles.

I have no idea how IPS4 works but it appears it might be your old IE11 browser causing the problem for you.  Here is what it looks like with FireFox:

Recent_Topics.png

AVSIM has not upgraded to the latest IPS4 update.  Think we were going to do that but the system shutdown on us and we had to abort.  In any case, you should not be seeing the anomalies shown in your image.

Thanks for bringing your issue to our attention.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I did notice on our main Forums page, under AVSIM News & Reviews, we use the three dots.  That is done on purpose as you need to go to the link to read the "rest of the story".

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim,

Thanks for taking a look.

After receiving your reply I was about to try FF & GC, but first looked at the forum page again using IE11. Low & behold the Recent Topics side menu has miraculously repaired without me doing a thing.  Problem sorted, though still scratching my head as it was only that portion of the side menu showing the cut off wording and no issues on other forums using IE11.

Kind Regards, Jeff
(Jethro)

Glad it is fixed.  There was a major repair last weekend.  Thinking your browser cache still had old data that got corrupted after the repairs.  If you ever see an anomaly on the site, just hit the F5 refresh button and it should clear it up.  Our IPS website is compatible with every browser on the market.  We can expand boxes on the site but they must conform with the IPS software.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks for the F5 tip Jim, will do that if it happens again,  it probably was as you say, old data stuck in my browser cache.