Sign in to follow this  
Aviator84

Trim Position Indicator

Just recently made this purchase. Planned a flight using Simbrief, followed the power schedule and settings to the letter in the POH.  After cruise power was set, I turned on the autopilot.  I started performing a more detailed scan of the gauges and was looking down at the center pedestal and was observing the elevator trim wheel moving on both captain and fo sides. Only the elevator trim position indicator on the Captains side was moving to indicate a change in the position. Not a deal breaker or really an inconvenience at all, but simply an observation. It may very well be intentionally not modeled or previously reported.  The few trips I have done with the "6" have been amazing. IF I fly the aircraft by the power settings in the charts I am usually within 3-4 knots of the chart speed.  Love the propliners!

chris hurn 

Chris,

better open a ticket for the f/o trim indicator. If indeed is a bug then the devs should know for future releases 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Chris,

better open a ticket for the f/o trim indicator. If indeed is a bug then the devs should know for future releases 

Done. If interested I will post results once I have them. 

Chris Hurn

1 hour ago, Aviator84 said:

Done. If interested I will post results once I have them. 

Chris Hurn

The immediate result will be a confirmation by the developer then it will be entered into the bug tracking system.  When PMDG allocates resources to the DC6 the bug will be among several to be picked up and resolved.  This might be a micro update or a version update.

Dan Downs KCRP

33 minutes ago, downscc said:

The immediate result will be a confirmation by the developer then it will be entered into the bug tracking system.  When PMDG allocates resources to the DC6 the bug will be among several to be picked up and resolved.  This might be a micro update or a version update.

Good to know.  On a lighter note, are you swimming yet in CRP?  If you stayed around the area I hope it all works out well for you. 

17 hours ago, Aviator84 said:

Good to know.  On a lighter note, are you swimming yet in CRP?  If you stayed around the area I hope it all works out well for you. 

Thanks to the superb professionals at the NHC who forecasted landfall North of Corpus Christi, I did stay home and suffered no more than a few small broken tree branches, and on a drive around the area I didn't see anything worse than a few fences and signs downed. My power was restored within 18 hours, thank you AEP. I watched the track forecast very closely and it didn't wander so I had confidence that I'd be on the good side of the storm.  My neighbors in Rockport were devastated and there are millions in Houston and surrounding areas getting dumped on still.  

Dan Downs KCRP