Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Train Sim World: Great Western Express - First Look

Just a heads up for those of us that have maybe forgotten that Trainsim World was even still out there! The release date has apparently been pushed back to sometime in september, but it's known it can be purchased separately or with the original TSW in a bundle. Available on preorder now.... http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/4027/Train_Sim_World_CSX_Heavy_Haul__Great_Western_Express_Pack/

It might even tempt me this time.......

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

34 minutes ago, vololiberista said:

Great Western Express without a Class 52 tut tut!!!

Well...... DTG.... DLC.......

We know how this goes. A class 52 will undoubtedly be offered, eventually.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

So, how much track is actually available in the Great Western Pack? Will there be any branch lines? I can't seem to find a lot of information about it...

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Pretty sharp, I feel like I am there.  Though the yellow fronts usually are much more dirty.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Someone on the JustFlight forum has stated that the Great Western Express addon pack only includes track from London Paddington to Reading. Is that correct? It's barely more than 40 miles!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I wonder if it will simulate the annoying drunkard in Coach C, complete with can of Carling, who was pestering me right from the moment the train left London last Wednesday evening? :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

One thing I wish for these train sims is that you could put it on autopilot, making it's stops as it goes, and go sit in the back.  I used to commute on train and, when the train isn't packed, can be nice to just sit there and let the train roll along...do some sight seeing.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think that TrainSim World has a passenger option. Not much time to see anything though if there is only 40 miles of track :huh: Honestly, the full 120 miles from London Paddington to Bristol Temple Mead should be included as a minimum. It would be even better to have branch lines (like the one to Oxford), but I guess that is asking for quite a lot!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Devons rig

Nice to see the 66 in there for freight, since that is a very cool locomotive, but 40 miles of track doesn't seem a lot for passenger trains capable of 125 mph, you'd be down the entire route in 20 minutes. And in any case, GWR are replacing those HSTs with the much more cool-looking 180 Adelante this year, if they haven't already done so. They'd have been better offer doing the Virgin Pendolino from Piccadilly to Euston, it's a much better looking train with a better paint job too, then you really could get something up to 125mph for a couple of hours but also have slower stuff going to Stoke and Milton Keynes from either end of the route. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sept 15th Release stream, counting down to launch.

Devons rig

I might have been interested in this, but no way am I spending money for only 40 miles of track. It's ridiculous. Let me know when they have extended it to Bristol.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Devons rig