Sign in to follow this  
Christian1

SID/STAR of Flightplan not exportet

Hello,

I exported a FPL which contained SID/STAR into the "Route" folder of my Flight Factor B 767. If i then import the FPL in the FMS the SID/STAR have disappeared. Of course in Config I have checked the Eport SID/STAR  function. Why doesnt that work ?

RG Christian

The Export SID/STAR Waypoints is generally only useful with planes using the default GPS where SIDs and STARs are not selectable, which is the older ones.

For most 3rd party aircraft with FMS, like the FF767, you need to only import the route and then enter the SID/STAR/Approach with the proper transitions into the FMS directly.  Otherwise, it won't work properly.

You can check the .fms file and I suspect the waypoints are all there, but the FMS is not importing them.  As far as I know, the export is working correctly.  If you don't see the waypoints, please send me the Saved flight plan and the Exported flight plan and I'll have a look.

Thanks,

Dave

its a pity. This is what I do. As the SID/STAR is not transmitted(or not read by the FMC) I must choose tzhe same SID/STAR in my 767 FMC I had already selected in your P2A. Double work.

By the way, you cannot export as .fms into the 767 route folder, the FMC is unable to read that extension. You must export from P2A using the FltFactor(.flp2) option. Strange, if you select this extension, the exported file`s extension is only .flp not .flp2. Anyway, the FMC reads this .flp file but without the SID/STAR WP`s.

The export of SID/STAR out of P2A was also useful if you run the FF A350. Only god knows why FF forgot to implement a SID/STAR option in the CDU of this great plane.

Am not able to send you the FPL`s, how to append them ? If I click on "insert other media/insert existing attachment" I get "you don't have existing attachments". I don't understand what that means

There are two Flight Factor file formats supported by P2A and both require the extension to be .flp, that is why the exported file name is just .flp instead of .flp2.  The .flp2 is only there so you can select the correct format. 

You can email the flight plans to me at admin @ pilot2atc.com or you can upload them to the cloud and post a link here in the forum. 

Thanks,

Dave