Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Where are the addons?

Is XP11 in the FS doldrums?  Where are all the native XP11 aircraft addons?  Does anyone know of confirmed upcoming addons?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am really curious about the soon released Xenviro update. Hope it comes soon. And of course anything Carenado. Got the 208 and love it. I was over on the p3d forum and it seems they have new stuff coming out every hour :laugh:

Nice list - I guess some devs are redoing their xp10 works completely.

I did see the AFM mooney ovation wip at the org - they are at alpha - I believe it's the first addon that will have GTN support

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Quiet a dew changes to get some aircraft to XP11 standard, and I think some are waiting on 11.1 just in case so they dont have to do it again. Especially with turboprop airctaft.

As said above, it looks like 11.10 will include a bunch of changes, including tweaks to engine and flight modeling. I guess many devs might be waiting for that. 

I'm not sure if this is arriving with 11.10 or not, but another big change on the horizon is support for Vulkan and Metal graphic API's. That will apparently require a re-write of anything that generates 3D content in the sim, like weather addons. Users could still run un-modified plugins with OpenGL, but if Vulkan/Metal has faster frame rates (it should), then there will be a natural demand for support in that graphics mode.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Right, and it looks like the LR default G1000 is still a ways off.  That I'm looking forward to - especially since the default Vision jet has horrendous avionics 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Right, and it looks like the LR default G1000 is still a ways off.  That I'm looking forward to - especially since the default Vision jet has horrendous avionics 

I believe the G1000 is still coming in 11.10, which should enter beta soon.

I there a secret to the limit placed on number of download at x-plane.org, I am finding it frustrating to getting my sim loaded up. I can't download anything from those links until tonight late. I think the problem I was having is the download manager setting of 8 connections being counted as 8 downloads at a time, I have reduced this to 1 to see if that was the issue.

Sorry somewhat off topic, but I find the Org limits frustrating, three days to get all the freeware Norway airports....annoying.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The LES DC-3 is on short final.  Complete V11 compability with a complete revamped model. It looks absolutley gorgeous

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I there a secret to the limit placed on number of download at x-plane.org, I am finding it frustrating to getting my sim loaded up. I can't download anything from those links until tonight late. I think the problem I was having is the download manager setting of 8 connections being counted as 8 downloads at a time, I have reduced this to 1 to see if that was the issue.

Sorry somewhat off topic, but I find the Org limits frustrating, three days to get all the freeware Norway airports....annoying.

This should help. From the Org:

Download manager limits

Daily (24 hour period, not midnight to midnight) limits have been put in place for each group in order to prevent abuse and downloads from automatic scripts:

Community Leaders: 50/day
Old Timers: 50/day
Members: 40/day
Novice: 30/day
New Member: 20/day (You fall in this group when you first register)
Awaiting Authorization: 0 (means you joined and didn't reply to the authorization email)

Important: Do not use any downloading software. They use several streams at once and you may reach your limit after only 2 downloads

1 hour ago, alpha12125 said:

The LES DC-3 is on short final.  Complete V11 compability with a complete revamped model. It looks absolutley gorgeous

I have the original LES DC-3 and I'm really looking forward to this update. I fly the new VSKYLABS DC-3 too, which is an XP11 version and very good for something that doesn't use plugins. There's room for two takes on a classic bird like this in a flight sim. They both come at it from different angles.

Some of the best payware helicopters have already been updated for XP11, like the X-Trident Bell 412 and Dreamfoil Bell 407. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 hours ago, x-plane 123 said:

Download manager limits

Daily (24 hour period, not midnight to midnight) limits have been put in place for each group in order to prevent abuse and downloads from automatic scripts:

Awaiting Authorization: 0 (means you joined and didn't reply to the authorization email)

Important: Do not use any downloading software. They use several streams at once and you may reach your limit after only 2 downloads

Thank you sir, I did not see this. But my guess turned out to be correct, they don't measure the # of files but rather connections.

Near CAM3

3 hours ago, x-plane 123 said:

Download manager limits

OK this is complete BS but sorry.

Today, I just started as my new 24 hr period started...I got 25 downloads using Download Manager set to ONE connection. I'm only getting half of the quota, this is really ticking me off. I only just got started, finished off Norway and started Iceland and only got 5 from there.

What a bloody useless system!

Near CAM3

9 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Today, I just started as my new 24 hr period started...I got 25 downloads using Download Manager set to ONE connection. I'm only getting half of the quota, this is really ticking me off. I only just got started, finished off Norway and started Iceland and only got 5 from there.

Maybe a second connection is started automatically by the browser and then stopped? Hard to say what is happening.

In any case, you could avoid using the Download Manager for X-Plane.org, so that you should have no problems reaching the 50 downloads. After all, they're all small files that require a few minutes each (at most) to download, unless you're on dialup.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

9 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Or maybe you still had 15 downloads registered in the past 24 hours, and only 25 were left.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]