Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Where are the addons?

6 hours ago, Murmur said:

Maybe a second connection is started automatically by the browser and then stopped? Hard to say what is happening.

In any case, you could avoid using the Download Manager for X-Plane.org, so that you should have no problems reaching the 50 downloads. After all, they're all small files that require a few minutes each (at most) to download, unless you're on dialup.

You may be onto something here.

I will use the Tools>Disable feature of Firefox for my download manager and use the old 'save as' feature instead today and see if that works.

I have high speed internet connection it only takes seconds to pull down a file, it happens so fast sometime I would not notice that it tried to open another window.

I sure wish they would "fix" the system so it counted only the # of files downloaded not connections.

6 hours ago, Murmur said:

Or maybe you still had 15 downloads registered in the past 24 hours, and only 25 were left.

NOPE its not that thanks.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

17 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I sure wish they would "fix" the system so it counted only the # of files downloaded not connections.

Little bit offtopic, but that is the system working. 

The server has lets say 100mbit upload, that would be 100  users at 1 connection at 1mbit.   now if 10 of those users use download managers at 10 connections each you are looking at 190 connections at roughly around 500kbit per connections.  The 10 download managers would we rolling at 5 mbit download speed and 90 others would be stuck at 0.5 mbit. 

Of course the numbers are scalable but the princicple is there. In freeware everyone has the same rights and download managers skew that right for others. 

this topic was interesting untill it was hijacked, are there no moderators around?

Torfi

2 hours ago, x-plane 123 said:

One more I learned about today. Milviz is making an ATR72-600.

Intereseting!

But unfortunately, I think we'll not see this thing flying until XP12. or 13 :biggrin:
Heck, Ppeople will have SID/STAR support on the A350 until then!

• Upvote 1

This is the closest thread I could find.

Is there any comprehensive list of available quality airliner and airplane addons anywhere?

6 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Define "quality".

Study sim level, like A2A, FlightSimLabs quality. $110 to $60.

Just now, VeryBumpy said:

Zibo 737-800 (Freeware!)

Flightfactor A320

VSkyLabs DC-3

SSG E-Jets Evolution

Felis Tu-154M

JustFlight's GA aircraft

FlyJSim 732, 722

Bell 429 (Freeware!)

The A320 and 737 should definitely fit your bill, the rest requires a closer look. One thing to look out for is complete XP11 compatibility, especially with the later updates.

That list is nowhere near complete. Just poke around the X-Plane store and download libraries and read some reviews.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

30 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Zibo 737-800 (Freeware!)

Flightfactor A320

VSkyLabs DC-3 

SSG E-Jets Evolution

Felis Tu-154M 

JustFlight's GA aircraft

FlyJSim 732, 722

Bell 429 (Freeware!)

The A320 and 737 should definitely fit your bill, the rest requires a closer look. One thing to look out for is complete XP11 compatibility, especially with the later updates.

That list is nowhere near complete. Just poke around the X-Plane store and download libraries and read some reviews.

Thank you.

I know of one more,

PMDG DC-6.

I would add two more helicopters to the "study level" list: the X-Trident Bell 412 and the Dreamfoil Bell 407, both payware.

The free Bell 429 is also good, but it uses a subset of the X-Trident 412's plugin, and a few more systems are available on the 412 for things like searchlight and winch ops.

The other really excellent model is the Dreamfoil Bell 407, probably the best single engine helicopter right now.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

On 7/5/2018 at 9:24 AM, VeryBumpy said:

Reality Expansion Pack sold at the org store....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Not being much of an 'Airbus' fan I've enjoyed the B732 and B727 from 'FlyJSim'.  Also have their Q400 but it needs a refurb.  The LES Saab will keep you occupied as will the new Aerostar 601P from Avia71.  The freeware X738/739 are getting better all the time.

IXEG’s 737 is great too. I’ve got countless hours in that, great for shorter routes and a bit more flexibility than the 737-200 when it comes to routes due to the FMC.  Also the FJS 732 is phenomenal, great texturing, great sounds and flies amazing. 

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg