Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Latest update ruined A2A's walkaround

P3Dv4 - This latest "update" has now ruined a perfectly good A2A aircraft walkaround.  Now I get all kinds of crazy views when I initiate the usual walkaround.

Thanks for ruining this for me Keven, I was hoping you'd do this.

Jack Sawyer

Sorry if we ruined this for you. Try generating a report file and sent it to us via email so we can actually try to fix it.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

6 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Sorry if we ruined this for you. Try generating a report file and sent it to us via email so we can actually try to fix it.

How do I do this?

Jack Sawyer

28 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Sent to Old Prop.

By the way, this ONLY happens in 3.4 and NOT in V4.  No idea what this is so it doesn't matter to me personally, it may affect others though.

Chase Plane used to be my all-time favorite program, just when it's stable for me it gets an update.  Sometimes it seems like twice a day.

Now when I run either version of P3D and see it updating I groan because something else may be mess-up while another is fixed.

Jack Sawyer

6 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Sent to Old Prop.

By the way, this ONLY happens in 3.4 and NOT in V4.  No idea what this is so it doesn't matter to me personally, it may affect others though.

Chase Plane used to be my all-time favorite program, just when it's stable for me it gets an update.  Sometimes it seems like twice a day.

Now when I run either version of P3D and see it updating I groan because something else may be mess-up while another is fixed.

you  can turn off  the auto updates  and  just  stay  with  the most stable  one  once  you have  one, pref  turn off  experimental version

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

13 hours ago, pete_auau said:

you  can turn off  the auto updates  and  just  stay  with  the most stable  one  once  you have  one, pref  turn off  experimental version

Exactly

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

7 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Exactly

Thank you for this bit of info.  I never knew this.  I like CP a lot, it's really well done, I'll probably do this and wait for the finished version.

Appreciate it.

Jack Sawyer

Let me know if it works better in Stable "Non-experimental" mode

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 minute ago, Keven Menard said:

Let me know if it works better in Stable "Non-experimental" mode

Now you lost me, the only updates you push out are for experimental mode?  And how do I actually shut it off?  By going to stable mode, that's it?

I'll be running the sim today and will get back to you for sure.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

Preferences > General > Experimental versions

Turn it off and relaunch ChasePlane.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ok, I just ran CP, turned it off as you described.  Then I shut down CP and ran it again.

I then ran P3Dv4.  And I got this screen right away.  And I don't even use it in FSX or have it set for FSX.

iVRIn3L.jpg

fJVw84h.jpg

Also, it updated the stable version.  So now I test again.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

FYI: I'm running A2A's C182T in Win7 P3Dv3.4 and P3Dv4 with latest Chaseplane 3.121, and my preflight views in both sims continue to work properly.  No change with this weekend's update.

Was Jack running C182T, or some other A2A ?

I, also, was not able to replicate the issue he had. I want to know if the Experimental build really is to blame here...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I was running experimental in both 3.4 and v4.

I was using A2A's 182.

In 3.4 the walk around is messed up.

In v4 it is not.

I set it to non-experimental.

Have not had a chance to test it in 3.4 with A2A's 182 since going to non-experimental.

The walk around is fine in v4 with A2A's 182.

Jack Sawyer

12 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Ok, I just ran CP, turned it off as you described.  Then I shut down CP and ran it again.

I then ran P3Dv4.  And I got this screen right away.  And I don't even use it in FSX or have it set for FSX.

iVRIn3L.jpg

fJVw84h.jpg

Also, it updated the stable version.  So now I test again.

Thanks.

dont know if  this  is  the issue  i noticed  that   you have  both p3dv3  and  v4  ticked  maybe  it  prefers  only  one  to be  ticked  anyway  hopefully kevin  can  say  some  thing 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg