Sign in to follow this  
joefremont

File Section Hot Downloads

Hi AvSim,

I have been a user of this site for many years but am fairly new to your forum.  I have noticed for some time that the 'Hot Files' pages in the files area always has a very consistent number of downloads for 'World of AI' files, so consistent in fact its obviously a bot that is downloading continuously to inflate there numbers.  This makes these pages fairly useless in identifying those files that are actually the hot files.  Maybe if for the purposes of counting downloads files it only counted the first time a user downloaded a file, or maybe count it once per IP address, it would make this section more useful.

Thanks for listening.

The best solution to getting something fixed is to go to the Library and click on "email the team". 

I have passed your info to the Staff, including the Library Staff and they may or may not respond.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

15 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The best solution to getting something fixed is to go to the Library and click on "email the team". 

I have passed your info to the Staff, including the Library Staff and they may or may not respond.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim.  I have worked as a software engineer for several internet companies in the Silicon Valley/San Francisco area and have had some experience with counting clicks and figuring out which are valid and which are not.  Feel free to have the Library Staff contact me if they need ideas or help on how to implement this.