Sign in to follow this  
him225

FSDG Mauritius anyone?

Anybody using the just released FIMP? How is the performance with dynamic lights and details? Looks great in the screen shoots. Though would prefer if it be made into separate packages when a very large terrain area is also covered around the airports so that it can be skipped for default or a global package if one wishes.

I'm tempted by that and several other sceneries of theirs, though I don't own any so I can't comment on the quality.

- Aaron

Thesoliniki is beautiful, one of my favourites, prior to V4 it was a high VAS airport but now you can enjoy it to its fullest. Looking closely at FIMP it does not seem to be as detailed, just my opinion, I hope I'm wrong. 

I am interested too. They are doing great sceneries. I have their Paro, Heraklion, Seychelles and  Ayers Rock. For me the price is still a bit steep with the recent Euro strength. I'll have to wait on a sale ;)

Regards, Perry

This should make a good partner with their excellent Reunion scenery, a quick 100 mile or so hope between them.

Steve Weeks

Just purchased it, I'll make a YT video, a return trip from FMEE to FIMP to FMEE or something like that

Still don't know if I'll do with a tube or in GA

here is the link 

later today I'll make à VFR flight around the island 

I bought their outstanding Reunion product a while back.  I want to buy this one for some PMDG 737 Austral hops between both islands.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

FSDG makes some good stuff.  I now have their FIMP, FSIA, FMEE, LGIR, HESH and YAYE airports and I love them all. I just completed a FMEE - FIMP - FMEE rotation with an Air Austral 77W (UU108 and UU109 were operated IRL with a 77W on the 20th of this month).

I'm finding the dynamic lighting hits FPS really hard on this as it did with me at FMEE so I turned off the 3D apron lights in the included FSDG Configurator and still getting pretty bad FPS at the terminal even with 4xMSAA.  Runway ops are fine at night though (or at least it was for me).

In order to use the SODE jetways you have to download another file from FSDG and then copy the files into the SODE SimObjects directory located at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE.  My only other gripe is that the apron textures are perhaps a bit too clean or too bright.  Other than that it's top notch although I've only done IFR flights into and out of FIMP (the entire island is covered by the scenery, including resorts and other POI).

Here are some snaps I took while checking it out (one parked at night at the terminal and one on short final ILS 14 of my inbound flight UU108 from RUN)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tanguy SEHA said:

Just purchased it, I'll make a YT video

Thanks man! Sometimes it's good to make a 360 :)

Regards, Perry

Just now, longrangecruise said:

Thanks man! Sometimes it's good to make a 360 :)

You're welcome

I'm watching now the F1 GP but after that, I'll do another live with a C172 to have the time to look everything :) 

I think I will get Mauritius and Reunion in the very near future. Does the airport at Reunion have animated jetways? 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

1 hour ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

I think I will get Mauritius and Reunion in the very near future. Does the airport at Reunion have animated jetways? 

Yes, RUN now also has SODE jetways (see the download here for both FMEE and FIMP)

1 hour ago, ProfessorMadman said:

Yes, RUN now also has SODE jetways (see the download here for both FMEE and FIMP)

Excellent...will certainly pick up these two airports

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Another video if you want

I'm realy enjoying this scenery, for VFR or IFR flights you can do everything here!! Glad to bought it!