Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

The First, the Finest, to all Alaska- Golden Nugget Service circa 1959

Having stumbled across an absolutely wonderful historic airliner timetable site (http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/complete/complete.htm) I did some digging a few months ago during the DC-6 Beta, and asked Pete (the repaint Maestro) to paint up a -6B in Alaskan Airlines colors.... I've fallen in love with the Orbx world, and plan on recreating the entire route system as portrayed in this image from the site cited above.

zeYU7gB.jpg

After the flurry surrounding the release, Pete very kindly provided this incredible creature to whisk me from Orbx Portland (how fortuitous) to the far reaches of the Orbx Alaska World.  Simply superb stuff!

I was so taken with this beauty, that I had to share... these angles are not typical, but I hope they portray what you would see if you were fortunate enough to be able to clamber around a -6B long enough to get oil on your clothes....

ZBhhaZF.jpg

gzSvfOX.jpg

0bZxuGt.jpg

OwfvLSf.jpg

N8bseEx.jpg

iNCSI4x.jpg

w6ifHae.jpg

rdANc4S.jpg

I never got to fly in these beauties IRL, but this last shot illustrates the lingering I would have done at the top of the stairs, for one last look at that lovely wing, before slipping into the cabin for the journey....

Pete knocks each of his paints for a six, and this one is very special to me.... ta mate!

Between this, the Blue Canoe (still grateful Alex) and the (hopefully) soon to come Orbx Alaska destinations... I shall be able to endure the Florida Summer (which runs for 8 months of the year BTW) by ferrying Cargo and Annoying Cargo in the Alaskan Climes....  :)

C

PS- Remember to click and expand each photo to full 4K.

• Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Tim & Perry-

Glad you like the thread.... Pete does stellar work (but anyone who's ever flown a PMDG airframe already know that).  That site is pure gold for anyone wanting to re-create schedules from yesteryear.... HUGELY comprehensive and well done....

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

any way to download outside of Ops Center since mine does everything except work for the DC-6, livery-wise!

all the exclusion stuff has not made one iota of difference at this point.. I just want the NAC and now the AS livery.. just downloaded and installed by me.. no BS.. just wanna fly.. I'm sick of all the technical BS.. sick of it.. 

Thanks

May I suggest a long walk, after which you open a ticket? Paul, Ryan and Kyle are amongst the very best in assisting customers with their products, and I have no doubt they will have you sorted.

The effort is worth it- Pete and Alex’s work is brilliant.

Hang in there!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper