Sign in to follow this  
BSV1191

Multiplayer connection problem

Hello

Yesterday afternoon, with a friend, we tried to do a session in multiplayer in using only FFX. But unfortunately, even after adjusting well with the IP written in the bottom left of the application, nothing to do, pressing connection, my friend could not connect. We tried in both directions but nothing to do there.

So we tried to light our Hamachi and get our IP Hamachi and there it worked.

Either it is me who is nothing understood but I had understood in the manual that it wasn't necessary other software for the multiplayer.

Thank you in advance and wishing you a good day.
Otherwise your software is TOP !!!! :D

Regards,
Florent

Ok, first things first.  Open up your Windows Control Panel and remove Hamachi off your system.  Yeah, I know, it helped you to connect.  You can read why HERE, but I'll give you a short synopsis.

Hamachi uses tunneling to tunnel through your firewall, in essence nullifying both your software and hardware firewalls (if you have them, and by what you posted it sounds like you at least have one or both of them).  

What you need to do is forward the port in your router that is used by the software in question, and be sure that you've allowed the software in your software firewall (if you have one). The documentation for the software should tell you what port it uses, and you can find instructions on how to setup port forwarding for your brand of router at portforward.com.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6 hours ago, BSV1191 said:

it wasn't necessary other software for the multiplayer.

That is correct. FFX uses a direct socket connection, by default on port 6076 (UDP).

As Dave wrote, you need to find out your and your friends external IPs (the address that the router gets from your ISP). So you have to open your router configuration tool, check what that external IP is (It will never be somthing like 192.168.xxx , those a local addresses on your LAN), and, while you're at it, add a port forwarding rule for UDP port 6076 to your PC on the router.

The external IP is the address of the FFX server, the value that the client writes into the config page of FFX.

Finally you will have to allow UDP port 6076 in your Windows Firewall.

Unfortunately there are so many different routers and firewall products that I cannot tell you specifically what you have to do. But the steps above are what is necessary in general.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Oliver, did you write any extra code to mimic any TCP functions under UDP?  Or is it just straight UDP?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

Oliver, did you write any extra code to mimic any TCP functions under UDP?  Or is it just straight UDP?

Hello Dave,

In a way it is both. Position updates are straight UDP. But sensitive information is backed by confirmation and resend logic.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks brother.

And thanks for all you've done for and given to our community!

Dave Hodges

Hello;

Ok, I reopen the topic because after doing several sessions in multiplayer with friends, we encountered another problem.

Indeed, 2 of my friends have seen their P3D freeze and then crash in full session right after opening the main window of FFX. We tried to watch what could not go but we could not find anything.

I hope you can help us.

In any case my friends and I, we love your application ! Thank you for everything. ;)

Good day,

Florent.

Hello Florent,

one reason for the simulator crashing can be the attachments (Bambi Buckets). The simulator doesn't like it when the aircraft is changed while the buckets are attached. I have posted this as a bug notice on the Prepar3D forums, but no reply yet. I see this as a bug in P3D, because when the external program gets the message that something has changed on the "master" object, it is already too late - the sim needs to take care of this, detect attached objects and remove them automatically.

For technical support please use the contact form on the Lorby-SI website. I will require your purchase information and specifics about all your computers, plus any logfiles created by FFX.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Ok thanks for your information. ;)

We will see without Bambi and with to see if there is a difference.

Thanks.