Sign in to follow this  
HLJames

Friday Harbor to Bowerman

Their installer did not work.

It placed the files on the hard drive, made the scenery.cfg entry, and put the scenery in the right order.  I think the problem is within the bgl's themselves.  Carenado's aircraft had invisible textures  in the V4 update, they are working on fixing the issue.  I have two planes that work well and are v4 certified.

John

17 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Their installer did not work.

It placed the files on the hard drive, made the scenery.cfg entry, and put the scenery in the right order.  I think the problem is within the bgl's themselves.  Carenado's aircraft had invisible textures  in the V4 update, they are working on fixing the issue.  I have two planes that work well and are v4 certified.

John

MSE has a free download Florida Airports it has a P3D installer...you may be able to use this installer on the Miracopa County scenery!

HLJAMES

5 hours ago, HLJames said:

MSE has a free download Florida Airports it has a P3D installer...you may be able to use this installer on the Miracopa County scenery!

HLJAMES

Thanks, I might try that.  Meanwhile I am trying out XP11 which I purchased yesterday.  I want to learn how to use OrthoXP with it, might take some time to learn that.  XP11 has nicer autogen and more realistic looking ground textures to me.  User interface takes more getting used to, I wish there was an easy way to emulate P3d vs. manually reassigning everything.  It would be easier to work with both sims that way.  Maybe I will find something via Google that works.

I like the way the aircraft handle now, more fluid, less on rails feeling than previous versions of Xplane.  I was surprised though that the sim did not have the golden gate bridge by default, just a regular bridge like the Bay Bride. Also the SF buildings aren't the real ones.  I can get over that though, will look for freeware replacements.

John

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Thanks, I might try that.  Meanwhile I am trying out XP11 which I purchased yesterday.  I want to learn how to use OrthoXP with it, might take some time to learn that.  XP11 has nicer autogen and more realistic looking ground textures to me.  User interface takes more getting used to, I wish there was an easy way to emulate P3d vs. manually reassigning everything.  It would be easier to work with both sims that way.  Maybe I will find something via Google that works.

I like the way the aircraft handle now, more fluid, less on rails feeling than previous versions of Xplane.  I was surprised though that the sim did not have the golden gate bridge by default, just a regular bridge like the Bay Bride. Also the SF buildings aren't the real ones.  I can get over that though, will look for freeware replacements.

John

Yes...XP11 is perfect for some because of freeware....learn to make scenery and object models!

HLJAMES