Sign in to follow this  
willy647

PTA alternative

I read a post on this forum about a free open source project called OpenShade, hosted on the GitHub site.

Apparently this post has been removed. Is there something fishy about this ?

• Upvote 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Gees Louise, I just bought PTA yesterday.

I would have tried this out first before buying PTA.

Thanks for the link. I will have to check this out as well.

Bryan

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Looks like "use at your own risk" as far as P3DV4 is concerned.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

9 hours ago, willy647 said:

I read a post on this forum about a free open source project called OpenShade, hosted on the GitHub site.

Apparently this post has been removed. Is there something fishy about this ?

That would of been removed because he posted in the alternative's commercial forum.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

10 hours ago, gboz said:

That would of been removed because he posted in the alternative's commercial forum.

Actually no it was also posted in the general P3D forum, so I'm not sure either why it was removed. Maybe they felt it was too off-topic.

Sounds half-cocked and experimental at best.  Why bother just to save £15

A little competition, choices, and alternatives always good in this industry.

• Upvote 4

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Well I have downloaded it. I have never used a shade modifier before but i have seen videos that appears to be very real looking claiming to have used some shade modification. Also there is a lot of hype in FS! Far to much and far more than their used to be. Personally, I like the try before you buy approach. I like free demos that have a time limit. Enough time so that I can determine for myself if claims about the addon are accurate or if they are merely hype. I'll give this a shot and if its looking like shadder modification is worthwhile I'll look at that payware options

Anyway, I tried it and clicked apply Preset and A window opened saying Open Shade has stopped working etc. etc. So that the end of that! :mellow: