Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

FSDG YAYE Ayers Rock

I purchased the FSDG YAYE Ayers Rock for P3Dv4 almost two months ago and its not working. FSDG ( In my case anyway ) don't seem to know what customer support is as in that time I've only received one email reply for help getting this sorted out. And that email wasn't any help. One reply to three requests for help over two months? That is pathetic!

The problem I get is a scenery config error. It can't find FSDG\Scenery\world\scenery folder.  The folders are there but empty. I have re downloaded and installed both the Airport and FSDG Configurator but the missing files still exist. I've also tried disabled Anti-virus and ran as admin during install.

Was my first and will be my last FSDG purchase due to the lack of support. 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Hi

I don't have Ayers Rock but I have installed FSDG Djerba and it will normally install in C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSDG-xxxxx.

• Upvote 1

As mulgrave states, the installation path is locked to C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSDG-xxxxx

Check there on your PC. If there are no files then ask for a new download link to see if it is an installer issue. I bought YAYE, LGIR and also downloaded the Cape Verde demo yesterday and all worked (except a now resolved minor texture issue on LGIR) just fine.

If you have files in the C:\ location and want to move them to another disk, follow the instructions here.

You can download and use Lorby Prepar3D V4 Addon Organizer to show the installation of YAYE, as FSDG installs using the .xml method.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I am using the default location.

the error.

SCENERY.CFG file error.   Could not find scenery FSDG-APT Files's local scenery directory: C:\Users\Pete\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSDG\scenery\world\scenery

in the FSDG folder there is no scenery\world\scenery files

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

8 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

I am using the default location.

the error.

SCENERY.CFG file error.   Could not find scenery FSDG-APT Files's local scenery directory: C:\Users\Pete\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSDG\scenery\world\scenery

in the FSDG folder there is no scenery\world\scenery files

There aren't any files for YAYE in that folder - I only have 3 AFX files there for the other sceneries that I have downloaded. You should see files in C:\Users\Pete\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSDG-Ayers Rock\Scenery.

The scenery.cfg file is irrelevant as the .xml install method doesn't create an entry in that file, so I don't understand why you have an error message. Did you try and manually add YAYE to scenery.cfg? Even if you didn't, remove any entry relating to FSDG from it.

I moved my YAYE installation to the drive I wanted, but left the add-on.xml file in the original C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSDG-Ayers Rock location. In that .xml, I changed the path of each component to the appropriate location (see below). Try making the changes I suggested and hopefully you'll get it to work.

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>FSDG-Ayers Rock</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>THIS FILE CONTROLS ALL CONTENT FOR FSDG-AGADIR: DO NOT EDIT OR REMOVE!</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scenery</Category>
        <Path>Z:\P3D sceneries\FSDG-Ayers Rock\FSDG-Ayers Rock</Path>
        <Name>FSDG-Ayers Rock</Name>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>Z:\P3D sceneries\FSDG-Ayers Rock\Effects</Path>
        <Name>FSDG-Ayers Rock-Effects</Name>
    </AddOn.Component>
      <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Sound</Category>
        <Path>Z:\P3D sceneries\FSDG-Ayers Rock\Sound</Path>
        <Name>FSDG-Ayers Rock-Sound</Name>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I have been having exactly the same problem as YukonPete advises:

On start-up of P3dV4, I get the window:

SCENERY.CFG file error:

Could not find scenery FSDG-Apt ALT File's local scenery directory: C\Users\Bryan\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSDG\scenery\world\SCENERY

Would you like to unload this area? Yes/No

Once I deal with the dialogue everything loads ok. Have also contacted FSDG but no reply!

Would be grateful if, when this is resolved, I could be copied in

Thanks in advance

Bryan

Sorry for posting to this dead topic, but I just thought I'd add my two cents... I just bought YAYE and have the same error popping up. However, I think I know why this is happening.

First, it doesn't matter where you install the scenery. The addon.xml will be updated with the correct - for the most part. the the addon.xml in the FSDG folder wil lalways be set to scenery/wolr,d however, no matter where you tell the installer the place the actual files. Now, apart from that, I think the reason this problem occurs is not because there are fildes missing if you YAYE. More than likely, everything that needs to be there, is present. However, the FSDG folder (not FSDG-Ayers Rock) appears to be a general folder that will contain a bunch of generalized files for FSDG's airport sceneries. One category of these files are the airport elevation bgl's - or apt ALT (airport altitude) files that the addon.xml seems to be referring to!

For those that have other FSDG sceneries, such as F737NG, those other sceneries will have installed their Apt ALT  files into the FSDG/scenery/world/scenery folder, and everything is fine. P3D will not spout an error since it found scenery files in there. However, for thsoe of us that did not buy additional FSDG files, such as me and Bryan, this folder remains empty because YAYE does not install any Apt ALT files, and so the folder doesn't even exist. Still, it seems that the installer's routine is to create the FSDG folder with the addon.xml file that does refer to this folder, probably as a standard feature because it's a shared folder location among all of FSDG's sceneries.

In fact, F737NG stated as much: YAYE doesn't install any altitude files at all - but since F737NG had purchased other FSDG sceneries, that FSDG/scenery/world folder is actually populated with scenery files, and so P3D does not give an error.

So my solution? Simply disable the FSDG addon in the addon menu of P3D. Of course, re-enable it when you get other FSDG sceneries that DO install airport elevation files into that folder or else you'll get trouble!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case