Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

V4 Repeated crashes at 80% load in - Auto Generated Scenery

There seems to be a real issue with adding scenery (V4 compatible) to P3d.

I frequently get crashes after often installing a scenery (via installing into root folder).

Is this a well known issue or any help you can give me?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I have (had) similar issues. First I had the problem that after installing FTX Norway P3D v4 would seem to get stuck at 81% while 'Adjusting scenery objects'. Later on I added some freeware scenery and had similar problems. Sometimes P3D v4 would load in the end, after a LOT of time, but also sometimes it would crash while loading or shortly after.

Up to now the solution to all this has been to clear the shader cache (Users\Name\AppData\Local|Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Shaders). It seems as if adding new scenery sort of requires the cache to be emptied. Give it a try and report if it helped. So far it helped on my PC everytime I had that loading problem at 80%. (Keeping fingers crossed though...)

you know what I did try that, no luck!! But thank you for your suggestion!

Alex

Alex Ridge

Bummer... But well, I think we can see there is indeed an issue: you are not the only one having problems. You might want to report this on the LM-forum.

It's usually a problem with the scenery not P3D. It would help to know which sceneries are causing issues and see if others with that particular scenery are having success. If you are having that issue with a lot of different sceneries, I suggest reinstalling P3D as an option

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Delete your prepar3d.cfg. Restart sim. I have all Orbx stuff FT, FB, FSDT sceneries.  No problems here.

Hi guys,

This time it's a specific bgl and i've managed to iscolate. However, i do not feel like the V4 sim is very stable when it comes scenery. V3 was much better

Alex

Alex Ridge

V4 is just fine. Some of the scenery is just not fully compatible. Use the right scenery and you have no issues. You cannot blame the platform for add on deficiencies.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors