Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 vs older RXP GNS

What is the difference between the legacy GNS 530/430 (for FSX) and the new V2? As I understand it, V2 is currently only available for X-Plane, is that correct? Moreover, I am planning to eventually make the leap from FSX to P3DV4. 

I am of the minority that prefers GNS 530/430 to the GTN 750/650 is smaller GA class aircraft and RXP is an absolute requirement. 

Thanks / Les Parson

GNS V2 not only includes capabilities once available only with the 'Professional Expansion Pack', it also offers new unique features at no additional cost.

Let me highlight some of its amazing and distinctive features:

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 fundamentally look and feel like the authentic device, which provides accurate symbology depiction, authentic and timely operating behaviour and helps develop correct muscle memory.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 is a faithful reproduction that pilots and flight simulator users can use it as a training tool to familiarize themselves with the workings of the actual equipment. Like its real world counterpart, the RXP GNS 530W/430W has built-in WAAS navigation capabilities, and is capable to fly LPV “glideslope” approaches without reference to ground-based navaids of any kind.

The provision of the integrated communication and navigation radios in the unit gives the extra capabilities of auto tuning and pre-fetching your navigation and approaches frequencies. And for panels already equipped with radios equipment, the GNS 530W V2 now includes the GPS 500 gauge, a radio-less version.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 includes enhanced situational awareness capabilities and comes standard equipped with TAWS-B and TCAD. Providing visual and aural advisories to help keep pilots safely separated from hazardous terrain, the WAAS GPS position information is compared with the GNS 530W/430W units’ internal terrain/obstacles databases to determine conflict scenarios. If there is inadequate terrain and/or obstacle clearance ahead, based on the system’s projected flight path, TAWS caution and warning alerts are issued to you. Accompanying FLTA voice alerts also indicate the relative threat level.

In addition to terrain and obstacle alerting, the TAWS system also features voice callouts, or VCOs, which audibly announce the aircraft’s height above terrain when descending below 500 feet. VCO altitude callout operate in all TAWS modes,

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 includes the unique Crossfill feature which allows you to transfer a direct-to destination, the active flight plan including VNAV parameters, any stored flight plan or user waypoints to a second 400W or 500W device. If both units are set to automatic, a change in the active flight plan, or VNAV parameters, on one unit can also be seen in the other. Initiating a direct-to course to a waypoint on one unit also initiates a direct-to course to the same waypoint on the other unit.

With the simulation of both GPS failure and WAAS failure, users can practice degraded approaches scenario.

With the in-device capability to import and export flight plans to file, and to import user waypoints from file, it makes preparing and managing your device flight plans an easy task.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 comes with a newer Garmin Trainer with software v3.3. It not only corrects software bugs and defects, but it also adds new features, among which the capability to use some of the  GTN database files (see below).

Last but not least, it is compatible with Prepar3d v4, v3, v2, v1, FSX-SE, FSX-ACC/SP2, FS9-SP1 with a single purchase, and with Windows XP to Windows 10: you can be confident your Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 will be by your side whenever you feel it is time to upgrade your simulator or your operating system!

GNS 530W/430W XP is navigator's heaven! In short, there is simply no better GNS WAAS in any flight simulator, period. 

• Upvote 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you very much for the very thoughtful and comprehensive response. The support and flexibility is indeed very encouraging.

As of this writing, RXP GNS 530/430 V2.0 has not yet been released for FSX/P3DV4, is that accurate? 

Thanks / Les Parson

You're welcome! for other readers of this thread, here is the link to the good news:

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

.... .just migrated from FSX-SE to XP11, and currently using ( & not very impressed ) the Generic G530. 

I got used to the one Depicted in FSX & one of the functions I'm missing is the access to the Facilities (Airport VOR Etc) on the nearest Group, with FSX GPS you can highlight the desire Facility click on the cursor & it will bring all the information include ILS RWY Frequencies, (unfortunately it's not like this with XP11 clicking takes you no where)

now, I'm wondering if with Reality-XP is like in FSX  ???

Cheers

Yair           

Hi Yair, as I've answered in the X-Plane forum:

In short: the Reality XP GNS V2 for X-Plane or for FltSim works like the real GNS.

..I do not fly with the G530 in a real world, the only thing I know is the Generic one from FSX-SE, and I'm trying to figure out  if it is functioning like the one I'm familiar from FSX or not ?

Reg.

Yair

On September 7, 2017 at 8:14 PM, N1125Y said:

I got used to the one Depicted in FSX & one of the functions I'm missing is the access to the Facilities (Airport VOR Etc) on the nearest Group, with FSX GPS you can highlight the desire Facility click on the cursor & it will bring all the information include ILS RWY Frequencies,

Hi should have been maybe more specific! What you are used to (see quote above) is exactly how the GNS is supposed to work. As the FSX GPS tries to mimic the real one, and as our GNS V2 is exactly working like the real one, it would be safe to conclude yes, our GNS V2 does it like this, and more!

....well, as stated, I have no experience with the on on the RW, but I uses to fly with the FSX Genric one. One of the features of the FSX G530 is the ability to access the Airport information.

When you are on the Nearest Group, you highlight the desire Facility click on the cursor and it bring you to sub-Group with the facility information include the ILS Rwy Data ..... the LR XP11 G530 doesn't do it. This is only one example between the two of the G530 differences 

Reg.

Yair      

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:14 PM, N1125Y said:

I got used to the one Depicted in FSX & one of the functions I'm missing is the access to the Facilities (Airport VOR Etc) on the nearest Group, with FSX GPS you can highlight the desire Facility click on the cursor & it will bring all the information include ILS RWY Frequencies, (unfortunately it's not like this with XP11 clicking takes you no where)

now, I'm wondering if with Reality-XP is like in FSX  ???

If I read you correctly to access the facility info with the RXP unit (I have P3Dv4) you go to the NRST group, highlight facility and that will take you to the WPT group scroll through each subpage to get info.

http://EdCJ6AS.jpg

Un-hightlight (Done?) then scroll through each subpage.

http://tIFdD5W.jpg

http://FUg3b6n.jpg

http://brgvIMX.jpg

Keep scrolling down if necessary for more frequencies.

http://WT0cPXE.jpg

http://vDZmmAS.jpg

The manual that comes with the installer IS the actual Garmin Pilot's Guide manual. You can download here. https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-00182-11

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, bills511 said:

If I read you correctly to access the facility info with the RXP unit (I have P3Dv4) you go to the NRST group, highlight facility and that will take you to the WPT group scroll through each subpage to get info.

The manual that comes with the installer IS the actual Garmin Pilot's Guide manual. You can download here. https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-00182-11

You are right,This is, exactly, what I mean:

You go to the NRST group, highlight facility

Push the Crsr button and that will take you to the WPT group, 

Scroll with the inner button through the each sub page to get info. .....

I have G500 which I got from DesktopAviator, I'm about to add 5" LCD, I assigned all the buttons ( No need for the Nav & Com, since I'm using M-Panel from VRInsight) adding the RealityXP was the last missing part to have full functioning functional G530 ... :-) 

Perfect, tnx Bill for the validation 

Cheers

Yair

I am considering upgrading to V2 but am unable to confirm answers to some key questions.

1) I have the original expansion pack, which allows integration of multiple GNS in a panel with crossfill. I read that crossfill is supported in V2. What I cannot confirm anywhere is that with the purchase of one or both (430/530) can multiple GNS be integrated into a panel? Say (1) 430 and (1) 530; or a pair of 430's or a pair of 530's?

2) I have countless hours  involved in installing RXP GNS's in a number of FSX add-on aircraft panels. What is the experience in transitioning to V2 in regard to custom (used coded) V1 installations? I assume the size is the same so they should fit. Do panel integrations need to be redone? If so to what extent?

3) I have read that some who have upgraded are not satisfied with a new interface for manipulating settings, such as tuning in NAV aids or changing frequencies.  I am unable to find any videos that depict the new interface and how settings are achieved in V2. Are there any videos or detailed descriptions of how the new interface works?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@fppilot I'll try to do my best to answer:

1) The GNS V2 now includes crossfill at no additional cost. It works between any unit type, and requires using a unit1 and a unit2.

In other words, crossfill won't work if you configure a panel with GNS_530_1 and GNS_430_1, but will work if you configure a panel with GNS_530_1 and GNS_430_2 instead.

Each product license gives you 2 devices of the same product type (2x530 and 2x430 respectively), which you can mix and match.

2) The gauge W/H ratio is close but not exactly the same. The GNS V2 bezel size is different and closer to the real one.

Changes are the gauge file name (from "rxpGNS" to "rxpGNS2") and the gauges names

Please note though, we have implemented a unique technology which creates gauge name aliases - i.e. the same gauge can have multiple different names - and let's FltSim load our GNS 530 Unit1 for example, both with "GNS530" and "GNS_530_1". But I'd recommend using the new names from now on: GNS_530_1, GNS_530_2, GPS_500_1, GPS_500_2, GNS_430_1, GNS_430_2.

Other changes are the addition of a 'nobezel' to render screen-only gauges in the VC, or in a detached window for example. The User's manual goes into the details but in short: each line with gauge##=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1 is a distinct instance of GNS_530_1 on the panel.

All instances run from the same "common/shared" trunk, but are each displayed on their own independently. Out technology permits you assigning per-instance specific rendering settings. For example, you could configure the popup window instance to capture mouse, show tooltips and bezel, and configure the VC instance to not capture mouse, or the VC instance to hide bezel (screen-only) with a window ident you can popup with the right mouse button, and another ident with the left mouse button, etc...

3) If I understand what this is about, I've read only 1 comment so far. It is about the older scheme we were first to offer, and which other copied, to control CCW knob with left mouse button and CW knob with right mouse button. There has been so many support issues with 1st time customer complaining the knobs never turned CW, that we've decided for now to introduce the GNS V2 with the classic mouse clickspots (left of knob CCW, right of knob CW). However, I've indicated we could re-introduce the older scheme as an option later.

Thank you Jean-Luc. Very timely response!

Per 1): Great!

Per 2): Is it possible to leave both Versions 1 and 2 installed so as to not ruin user custom-self-placed V1 gauges in some panels where aircraft model providers did not provide gauge placement tools, and still use V2 gauges in aircraft where configuration tools are available?

Per 3): Are the V1 mouse scroll wheel functions continued in V2? Scrolling to tune knobs and pressing to execute?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere