Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 vs older RXP GNS

Frank, yes you can leave both installed, but I'm wouldn't recommend at all having both V1 and V2 on the same panel! Also, with the assistant panel, it is very easy to swap a legacy GNS (and any other GPS/GNS auto-detected gauge by the way) with any other GNS V2 gauge. GNS V2 latest also has a setting to export legacy shared XML vars used in panel integration. With all this, I doubt the legacy would be of any use even in legacy panels.

Mouse wheel is implemented, wherever left or right half of the knob in any direction. Middle push is not implemented though, but I hear you, and we are already working on implementing the 'legacy' knob handling option in the next update!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 hours ago, RXP said:

Frank, yes you can leave both installed, but I'm wouldn't recommend at all having both V1 and V2 on the same panel! Also, with the assistant panel, it is very easy to swap a legacy GNS (and any other GPS/GNS auto-detected gauge by the way) with any other GNS V2 gauge. GNS V2 latest also has a setting to export legacy shared XML vars used in panel integration. With all this, I doubt the legacy would be of any use even in legacy panels.

Mouse wheel is implemented, wherever left or right half of the knob in any direction. Middle push is not implemented though, but I hear you, and we are already working on implementing the 'legacy' knob handling option in the next update!

Would not intend to mix match V1 and V2 in a panel. Just looking to avoid spending any considerable time getting V2 fit in about three or four panels that took a lot of work.  

I am pretty proficient with the legacy interface and can enter flight plans quickly. That brings up one last question I just thought of. I have a lot of flight plans stored with my RXP legacy gauges. Is there a way to bring them over to V2?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm not sure it would be possible to import flight plan from the older units. Nevertheless, if there is something to try:

1) Once the GNS V2 installs, open your simulator, add the GNS V2 to an aircraft, pass the POST screens, exit FS. This will ensure all settings files are in place.

2) Open "my documents\rxpGnsSim\Nonvol\"

3) Locate the various gnsw_###.mem files. These are the non volatile memory files for each device where it saves the legacy GNS routes and user waypoints.

4) Open "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GNS Trainer Data\GNS\

5) Locate the various sys_nand# files. These are the non volatile memory files for the GNS V2.

6) The idea is to copy the legacy GNS memory to the GNS V2 memory file, for example, the 530 unit1 old file is gnsw_531.mem and the equivalent new unit is sys_nanda (a: 531, b: 532, c: 431, d: 432)

7) Start your simulator again with the same aircraft that has the GNS V2 configured, and see if it picks up the old memory file.

Please note GNS V2 can now import and export flight plans from/to native Garmin flight plan files, and from now on, you might want to store these separately!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

22 hours ago, fppilot said:

Would not intend to mix match V1 and V2 in a panel. Just looking to avoid spending any considerable time getting V2 fit in about three or four panels that took a lot of work.  

I am pretty proficient with the legacy interface and can enter flight plans quickly. That brings up one last question I just thought of. I have a lot of flight plans stored with my RXP legacy gauges. Is there a way to bring them over to V2?

Just some feedback on the interface now that I have the v2 units installed. Perhaps I will get used to the way it is, but the sensitivity at the GPS tuning knob set (push crsr) is too great. I am having difficulty tuning nav ID's as it is so easy to overrun when tuning a letter or number, and again when tuning back after overrunning.  Then one additional issue with the interface is that with a couple of installations on the 430 v2 where the gauge is low and off to the right in the panel, the arc cursor for tuning blocks out my ability to press the ENT button when in the virtual cockpit. Only get around is to use the 2D popup.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have never heard the callouts or the TARS ready on my 430 or 530, maybe I have missed a configuration setting?

13 minutes ago, velez66 said:

I have never heard the callouts or the TARS ready on my 430 or 530, maybe I have missed a configuration setting?

Fair point; same question here. 

To add, This issue is on the new version of the 430/530

I might accidentally posted it on the wrong thread, apologies.

Thanks

1 hour ago, LDP1949 said:

I have never heard the callouts or the TARS ready

I think my brain is stuck. What is TARS? Or do you mean TAWS?

Sorry just my bad, that how it sounds to me. On the 750/650 unit, that always startles me. That’s why when I read the product description on the main webpage, I said to myself “I have never heard that on the 530 or 430”

You might want to review: Settings Panel | Device Option | TAWS

Default configuration is "TERRAIN" and this must be manually changed!

Hello everybody
I know this post is quite old, but I was re-installing my Reality XP GNS530 v1, I'm not finding it under the reality XP website, just version 2. I would like to know if my key from V1 is valid for V2 or I need to buy another one? Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards Gabriel.