Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Are you finally Prepar3d for Reality XP GNS V2

Hi,

A quick note to let you know we're putting the final touch to the user's manual, and we expect a release either later today, or by tomorrow morning!

And there's more: expect the Reality XP GTN Touch to follow up a couple days after, depending on the release support workload!

We're thrilled and very excited to bring you higher standards and a unique experience to your Flight Simulators!

• Upvote 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Can't wait !!

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I heard the 530 would have functionality with GoFlight modules.  Still true?

9 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

functionality with GoFlight modules

I think this one is easy: GNS V2 not only supports our traditional keyboard shortcuts, but it also supports the default GPS commands! 

In other words: any panel designed to 'send' standard GPS commands when clicking a 3D button, that is to drive the standard GPS from the 3D panel, will automatically command the GNS V2 with no additional configuration needed!

As a matter of fact, any gauge/model/module (FSUIPC, GoFlight etc..) sending these standard FS SDK commands become automatically compatible with the GNS V2!

• Upvote 2

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I'll be following this release with great interest Jean-Luc. It's been several years since I've been a customer of RealityXP (the excellent "Flightline T" and "N" gauges for FS9) but it's very welcome to see you developing these products for FSX/P3D.

Just a few days ago, I was on the verge of buying a GNS 530/430 "complete edition" from another developer, but will certainly wait to see the pricing and features on offer here before making any decisions.

Good luck with the new release! :smile:

Nick 

Nick M - A2A Simulations

I would love to see the 'T' and 'N' gauges reinvented into P3Dv4. The ADF gauge was the best implementation of an ADF (especially ADF "dip") I have ever seen, and helped immensely in practicing for IFR procedures in real life.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

Thank you all for your kind words!

@loganbrooks25 this will be most likely added to the main page first, with separate download boxes for XPlane and Prepar3D!

@Nick M We're considering resurrecting FLT, FLN and a few other products with the modern technologies we've developed since then. Besides, you might want to read some of the key advantages of our GNS V2 I've posted here:

Highlights: new trainer with software v3.3 exclusively showcased in GNS V2, Cross Fill, authentic Ryan TCAD, best-in-class graphics in 32 bits and HDPI (FS SDK and all FS gauges limited to 15 bits colours, aka "colour banding"), best-in-class rendering technology supports displaying all your GNS gauges simultaneously (VC + popup: none gets blank while the other displays), lots of custom simvar for 3rd party vendor and panel integration, support for keyboard shortcuts and external hardware...

And beyond more than 15 years of experience raising the bar and setting the standards in Garmin Simulation in particular and Gauge development in general, so much more to write we won't finish redacting the GNS V2 User's Manual in time for release! :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Release it...we can do with the manual later. :)

The weekend is gone.

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Sweet!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

59 minutes ago, RXP said:

Thank you all for your kind words!

@loganbrooks25 this will be most likely added to the main page first, with separate download boxes for XPlane and Prepar3D!

@Nick M We're considering resurrecting FLT, FLN and a few other products with the modern technologies we've developed since then. Besides, you might want to read some of the key advantages of our GNS V2 I've posted here:

Highlights: new trainer with software v3.3 exclusively showcased in GNS V2, Cross Fill, authentic Ryan TCAD, best-in-class graphics in 32 bits and HDPI (FS SDK and all FS gauges limited to 15 bits colours, aka "colour banding"), best-in-class rendering technology supports displaying all your GNS gauges simultaneously (VC + popup: none gets blank while the other displays), lots of custom simvar for 3rd party vendor and panel integration, support for keyboard shortcuts 

Absolutely terrific.  Yay !!!

I would just like to report that as of this afternoon, I am flying with the GNS2 530 installed in P3DV4 and it is performing brilliantly  :cool:

Still waiting for the documentation, but the units (GNS530 and GPS500) are in fine form..  The RealAir Piston Duke likes the GPS500 with two NAV radios to the side.

My Baytower RV7 has the GNS 530 installed and is happy also.. :happy:

• Upvote 2

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would just like to report that as of this afternoon, I am flying with the GNS2 530 installed in P3DV4 and it is performing brilliantly  :cool:

Still waiting for the documentation, but the units (GNS530 and GPS500) are in fine form..  The RealAir Piston Duke likes the GPS500 with two NAV radios to the side.

My Baytower RV7 has the GNS 530 installed and is happy also.. :happy:

Has it been released now? I can't find it on the website :mellow:

9 minutes ago, loganbrooks25 said:

Has it been released now? I can't find it on the website :mellow:

I got a pre-release copy today.. don't believe it is orderable just yet, I am still without documentation.

Bert

6 hours ago, DavidP said:

I would love to see the 'T' and 'N' gauges reinvented into P3Dv4. The ADF gauge was the best implementation of an ADF (especially ADF "dip") I have ever seen, and helped immensely in practicing for IFR procedures in real life.

I would second this request. I used to spend as much time getting the FLT and FLN gauges installed into my panels as I did flying simply because of how spectacular they were.

• Upvote 1

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato