Sign in to follow this  
bpancica

DLL.XML File Missing

Folks,

I just did a clean install of my computer with a W10 and FSX:SE. I installed PMDG 737 Base and also 737-600/700, and worked well.

When I was tried to instal the PMDG 777 Base, I got a DLL.XML error saying that the file was missing, but I did check and the file exists and have my add-ons (ASN and VAInterface) registred.

I also tried to clean the file (use a default one) but the error still occurs.

Any directions?

Thanks!

ERROR: DLL.XML File Missing for FSX and we wer unable to create one for you. Please correct your FSX installation and try again.

I suspect you have a registry error and the installer is looking the FSX location rather than FSX:SE.  This almost makes sense except you say the NGX is working as expected so it's an odd error.

Welcome to the PMDG forum, please note their rules ask for our names on all posts.

I think PMDG has a tool that may correct some registry errors, which are pretty common with FSX:SE due to their oddball programming practices.  Regardless, odd problems like this are best dealt with PMDG rather than a user forum such as this. Contact PMDG Support directly and create a support account then submit a trouble ticket. They will get you sorted out.  Support is at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan Downs KCRP

I am currently having the same issue.  Had the 777 installed once than after deciding to recover my pc to get rid of some bloat wear I could not reinstall the 777 Base package.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Registry cleaners and fixes and nothing.  The installer shows it's installing than right before completion it says. DLL.XML is missing and could not create one.  Did you ever come up with a solution?  I opened up support ticket but have not heard back.  I'm going to be extremely sad if I can't get it to install because she's my favorite addon.  

-Sigmund Horn

6 hours ago, Sigmund0428 said:

I am currently having the same issue.  Had the 777 installed once than after deciding to recover my pc to get rid of some bloat wear I could not reinstall the 777 Base package.  I've tried everything I can think of.  Registry cleaners and fixes and nothing.  The installer shows it's installing than right before completion it says. DLL.XML is missing and could not create one.  Did you ever come up with a solution?  I opened up support ticket but have not heard back.  I'm going to be extremely sad if I can't get it to install because she's my favorite addon.  

-Sigmund Horn

Are you running the installers as admin (right click > run as admin) and with your firewall/antivirus disabled?

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

Are you running the installers as admin (right click > run as admin) and with your firewall/antivirus disabled?

I ran as administrator.  Have toggled with my anti virus as well as firewall settings and getting no where.  I was able to install the NGX no problem but,  the 777 installer can't locate dll.xml.  I'm tuning windows 10 64bit

I have the same issue with 777. Everything is ok with 737 however. I checked and dll.xml in appdata/roaming folder and its there. running win8.1 64 bit with FSX-SE. Tried to run as admin, Uninstalled and reinstalled FSX-SE, every addon including pmdg 737 and 777. Nothing worked so far. 

i think i solve the problem 

i rename the folder fx in C:\Users\(Your Windows Account Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

to FX-SE it works 

On 27/08/2017 at 11:09 PM, bpancica said:

Folks,

I just did a clean install of my computer with a W10 and FSX:SE. I installed PMDG 737 Base and also 737-600/700, and worked well.

When I was tried to instal the PMDG 777 Base, I got a DLL.XML error saying that the file was missing, but I did check and the file exists and have my add-ons (ASN and VAInterface) registred.

I also tried to clean the file (use a default one) but the error still occurs.

Any directions?

Thanks!

ERROR: DLL.XML File Missing for FSX and we wer unable to create one for you. Please correct your FSX installation and try again.

I had exactly the same problem on Sunday too.

Downloaded the 777 and 747 installers, after being promted to by the OC.   747 worked fine, 777 failed because "there is no DLL.XML" despite it being there, and the 747 being able to write to it.

I just reinstalled the last installer for now.

[EDIT:   Looks like PMDG are aware it's a problem with the current installer].

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I just got a reply from PMDG. They said they are currently working on this problem. they're aware of it. if they're aware of it theres pretty much nothing you can do.

I also received a reply from PMDG saying they are aware and are working on releasing a new installed in the next 7 days.  Keep looking out for it!