Sign in to follow this  
snyderdb

Requesting touching go pattern work

Simple question I hope. Let's say I want to do a series of touch and goes at my local Airport which is towered. How do I go about requesting clearance to do touch-and-goes, closed traffic work,  in Pilot2ATC?

When getting takeoff permission, add "..to remain in pattern." to your request.

Then takeoff and call tower on the Downwind and follow instructions from there.

When turning final, call "....turning final for touch and go."

Hey guys,

didn't want to start a new thread for this subject...

On 28.8.2017 at 8:16 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Check out Toby's Voice Command Cheat Sheet that is pinned here in the forum.  It has the Pattern work calls.

I can't seem to be able to complete more than 1 touch and go, no matter the command used and/or the airport i chose. 

I am rarely able to get acknowledged of my location by tower, I can't seem to get any of my requests through, I have yet to be granted permission for though and go or the option. 

This is using my speech (which is definitely recognized) or SayIt. 

I will however get looping transmission from tower of the squak code, or a repeating transmission "this is xxxx tower, go ahead". 

When this starts to happen, SayIt command stops working altogether. 

I have had several instances where the program would through an exception when I chose a phrase for the SayIt command. 

Bottom line, can someone refer me to a VFR with pattern work voice command checklist or video that I can follow?

i am aware of the commands list attached to this forum and followed it to the dot, with almost zero success. 

Thanks in advance!

Great software Dave!

If you could email me (admin @ pilot2atc.com) or post a link to the log file for one of these flights I'll have a look and see what's happening.

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC.

Thanks,

Dave

9 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you could email me (admin @ pilot2atc.com) or post a link to the log file for one of these flights I'll have a look and see what's happening.

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have sent you an email attaching the log file as requested. 

I am more than happy to help test scenarios or help in anyway I can. 

Thanks,

D. 

Thanks for the tip. Works as advertised. I was cleared for left closed traffic. Guess on the downwind I need to request a touch and go each time.

After completing one touch and go with tower acknowledgement and instructions, on the second downwind, all radio calls were unacknowledged and the program quit responding when I clicked the connect/disconnect button. Not sure what to do.

The program can't respond if it's not connected.  Not sure what you are describing.

When you get on downwind after the first touch and go, you call "<CallSign> downwind for Runway xx for touch and go"  and you should get a cleared for the option or a call when turning final response.

There is a bug in the current version that may be impacting you.  It is fixed in the upcoming update.

Dave

Thanks for the response. I thought disconnecting and reconnecting might resolve the lack of response from program. Instead, it caused the program to stop responding entirely. The entire window dimmed and the Windows System popup appeared. "The program has stopped responding, you can wait, blah, blah, blah." I am curious though. If "to remain in pattern" is an option that can be requested, why is it not listed among the options of the Speech Assistant when for example you have "request" and "takeoff" selected?

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks! Looking forward to the update.

I also noticed that "wind(s)" are spelled "whind(s)" which is probably be why the computer says "whinds", as in " I wind my watch". instead of  " There is a strong wind from the east". Not sure if this was intentional.

Thanks again

Dave Snyder

Actually, most voices pronounce whind like "gone with the wind" and pronounce wind like "wind my watch", so that's why it's purposely misspelled.

Dave