Sign in to follow this  
Hggs Hornet

P3d v3.4.22 Crashes when at 100% loading and Error Creating child window

Hey I have a problem with my simulator it keeps on crashing when it reaches a 100%.

And my other problem is that i keep on getting error creating child window is there any way to fix this.
I also did a fresh install of v3.4.22

PC Specs 
CPU: Inetl i7 4790 3.6ghz (4.0ghz Turbo) Unparked
HDD: #1 2.5TB 7200rpm #2 1.5TB 7200rpm #3 1tb 5400rpm 
OS: Win10 Home Insider Preview Builds (1703 version 16275.1000)
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 4gb ACX 2.0 SSC
RAM: 16gb 1600mhz Duel Channel 
PSU; EVGA Supernova 850w P2 Platinum 
Display: LG 42' 1080p TV 
Peripherals: MSI DS-502 7.1 SURROUND Gaming Head Set Logitech M301 Wireless Keyboard and mouse Thrust master Tflight X HOTAS

P3d CTD 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0410ba00
Faulting process id: 0x35dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3195ec929e6b4
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3.4.22\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 150ed2dc-f3c9-420b-85a4-f73a633e6eb1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0cf45590
Faulting process id: 0x14f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d31ee36e2fb9fa
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3.4.22\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: bec1bc41-0a0e-4a98-8b32-f91e70d7c618
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0CF45590
Stack:
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.IntGetMessageW(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetMessageW(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.GetMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at Views.AlertBox.P3DAlertBox.ProcessPendingWorkItems()
at Views.AlertBox.P3DAlertBox.OnProgressPercentChanged(System.Object)
at MenuModels.AlertBox.AlertData.set_ProgressCurrent(Double)
at <Module>.P3DAlert.SetCurrent(P3DAlert*, Int32)
at <Module>.P3DAlertSystem.UpdateModeless(Void*, Int32)

See the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 10 or 11, on guidance for fixing most P3D Crashes and Freezes (link to guide is in my signature).  Your crashes are very common but hard to fix.  In fact, there is no known fix.  It depends on your computer setup, your application setup, the installation of any addons (they need to be compatible with P3D), and other things.  You state P3D freezes at 100% (I assume while loading the aircraft and scenario).  It at 100% there is a problem with your terrain, a scenery.  It may not be installed properly.  P3D may be calling for textures that are not there or the textures are incompatible with your version of P3D.  P3D settings are important too.  If they are too high and P3D is struggling to render the textures, then that could be the cause.  As discussed in the guide, the best way to fix any crash is to first rename the P3D.cfg to P3D.cfg.off.  Then restart P3D and let the config rebuild to the default settings.  If it starts up properly, then there is a problem with high settings or you might have thrown in a tweak into the config that is not compatible or set up improperly.

Not sure what you mean when you say you are creating a child window.  You click on a gauge and, when it pops up, the sim crashes?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Forgot to mention.  Make sure you set up P3D to start up with Administrative Privileges for ALL users (not just you).  Procedure in the guide.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

According to Clifton Crane, P3D Software Engineer -

"For this issue in particular there many different contributing factors (number of connected devices, types of devices connected, system performance, etc). We are aware of the many issues being reported in regards to the controls in general and plan to address them as soon as possible.  I will mark this issue as resolved for now since the proposed work-around seems to prevent the "Error Creating Child Window" message.
UPDATE:  I believe I have corrected this issue. The fix will be available in the next release."

That was in 2015.  Appears the crashes are continuing in 3.4 - http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=124309&start=15

Are you using FSUIPC to handle your controllers?  This error happens to a very small minority so I'm thinking it might be the particular drivers or utility handling the controllers.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

First of all i have two errors here 1 being the unkown app crash and 2nd being the Error Creating Child window, and i don't know how to set my controls with FSUIPC