Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Live ATC Chatter

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that a new version of Live ATC Chatter is coming soon.

If you like to listen to ATC Chatter via the browser, this utility allows you to create a few streams and use the radio to access the streams while in flight by typing the chosen frequency.

You can certainly do this with your browser, but this method saves time and is more efficient.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Oh nice.  So I'm guessing the workflow is:

1.  Determine the frequencies of one's flight plan
2.  Download those frequencies from www.liveATC.net  (if available)
3.  Save them in a common location
4.  Use "new version of Live ATC" to connect to existing downloaded streams

I've been tossing around ideas regarding Live ATC software/product ... incorporate:

1.  Auto loading of ATC change based on a selected or loaded flight plan
2.  Warning of frequencies not available (down or just none exists) and provide close "alternative" frequencies as a substitute

As you know, some countries don't allow any ATC recordings (live or delayed) which is unfortunate.

I love www.liveATC.net, it can really add some interest in the longer flights I do ... heck I even bought/read a book on ATC "Say Again, Please ... Guide to Radio Communications" by Bob Gardner.

Do you have a link for additional info?

Cheers, Rob.

That is the one area I am not very good at but thinking of trying out Vatsim someday. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

45 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that a new version of Live ATC Chatter is coming soon.

If you like to listen to ATC Chatter via the browser, this utility allows you to create a few streams and use the radio to access the streams while in flight by typing the chosen frequency.

You can certainly do this with your browser, but this method saves time and is more efficient.

sounds good.. need something for those "unicom" silent periods on VATSIM :)   Will be watching for future updates...

WAT1460.png

The best ATC program Ive ever trained with was King Schools ATC video. I have it on VHS.

Rob,

1) Decide what frequencies you want to listen, then download.

2) Create the stream in Live ATC Chater and assing the frequencies. You can choose to listen in Com 2. The UI allows you to preview the streams.

3) Open P3D. Go fly. Choose the frequency and listen to the stream.

7 hours ago, macwino said:

Here's the link. I've been using the beta for about a month now and it works fine for me.

http://laap.atc.free.fr/telechargement-en.php

That's NOT the addon I'm referring to in this thread.

This thread is about Live ATC Chatter Pro by Cielosim.

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

That's NOT the addon I'm referring to in this thread.

This thread is about Live ATC Chatter Pro by Cielosim.

That's good to know because it appears the "LAAP" program cannot be run on networked client. I'm hoping the Cielosim product will run similar to vPilot on my networked pc so I can have all comms (VATSIM ATC and chatter ATC) running thru my headset.

WAT1460.png

2 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

That's good to know because it appears the "LAAP" program cannot be run on networked client. I'm hoping the Cielosim product will run similar to vPilot on my networked pc so I can have all comms (VATSIM ATC and chatter ATC) running thru my headset.

Live ATC Chatter Pro uses FSUIPC to connect to P3D v4.

I've installed laap. However I'm not clear how to call up the LAAP menu. In the instructions it has Shift+ it looks like a 2 but the keyboard notes as shaded the tilde key. I get neither opening up the LAAP menu. Appreciate any help on this point.

I've installed a number of example VLC files from another connected site including EHAM frequencies. I was trying to get EHAM frequencies while there but the problem is in this menu business.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

don't want to get off the topic of the original author but you can set it in the laap.ini file 

Does anyone know if this program has been updated or if it currently works in P3Dv4?

On their website for Live ATC Chatter (cielosim.com) it doesn’t include P3D as a playable platform.

thanks

IM 

20 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Does anyone know if this program has been updated or if it currently works in P3Dv4?

On their website for Live ATC Chatter (cielosim.com) it doesn’t include P3D as a playable platform.

thanks

IM 

Contact the developer. He's very friendly and is the best person that can answer your question.

I use a software Defined Radio Dongle. Very cheap to buy. Works just like a Radio scanner. can tune Traffic tower Radar ext and listen to them all live. You can have it scan all frequencies or specific frequencies...  Can be operated from your PC or android devices. Also has a record feature so you can either record a wav file or part of a frequecie band that you can replay back.