Sign in to follow this  
Scottl59

I give up, error 713

I give up with this error, I have followed everyone's instruction to no avail. I have no clue what to do next! 

well I got it registered but I still get the error. Was there something I need to do after the DLL is registered. I followed the the instructions and I got the message that say's "DllUnregisteredServer in msstdfmt.dll succeeded". I guess I am asking at this point was that all I needed to do?

5 hours ago, Scottl59 said:

well I got it registered but I still get the error. Was there something I need to do after the DLL is registered. I followed the the instructions and I got the message that say's "DllUnregisteredServer in msstdfmt.dll succeeded". I guess I am asking at this point was that all I needed to do?

Does RC4 now run? if so, problem solved. If it doesn't then post details of error.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I still get the error. No details. Just this message,

Run-time error '713'

Class not registered

You need the following file to be installed on you machine.

MSSTDFMT.DLL

I even bought a program to install the DLL and it said it was registered and I also followed the forum post details on registering the DLL. Oh well, it was only 15.00.

No need to buy programs to register a DLL. it just has to be done with administrator privileges. This site should help. If it doesn't please give full details of your OS and how you are registering.

http://www.emhandbooks.wisconsin.gov/ecf/ecf/4/4.2_64-bit_windows_7_register_files_instructions.htm

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

still not working, I typed CMD in the search and then right click on cmd and use under Administrator Privileges. System-Windows 10 64 bit. the message I get when I confirm the DLL is, DLLUnregisterServer in msstdfmt.dll Suceeded. I hope this info will help 

You should not be using a /u as part of the regsvr32 command. That stands for uninstall.

I'm struggling to understand why this is not working for you. Try this site but make sure your prompt is at the C drive level first. Enter cd\ to ensure you start at the root C level.

https://kb.blackbaud.co.uk/articles/Article/48280

Make sure you include quotation marks in the path.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

tried that to no avail so I guess I will uninstall and reinstall to see if that works. If not I guess I can't use this program for some reason

My age is showing because I was a little confused on the instructions for windows 10. I don't have my grandchildren here to explain it to me! 

Don't uninstall and reinstall. It will achieve nothing. Just follow the instructions for registering the DLL.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I hate to be a major pain in the a**, but here is where I get lost following the instructions on the web-site. For windows 10 it says to do this,

If using a 64-bit operating system, then the command would be:  
           C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\DLL\RE7Outlook.dll" , Like I said I am confused From the point at "C:\

Do I enter the path to MSSTDFMT.DLL location at the second "C\

17 minutes ago, Scottl59 said:

Do I enter the path to MSSTDFMT.DLL location at the second "C\

Yes. The command is broken down into two parts. The first part is the location of the file REGSVR32.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSVR32

That's the file that will register the required DLL.

The second part (starting after SVR32) is the location of the file you want to register. It is probably in the C:\Windows\SYSWOW64 folder. So the full instruction would be as follows but make sure you have entered cd\ so you are at the root folder of the C drive.

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSVR32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSSTDFMT.DLL

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well still no. I get the message that I posted if I do it the way it say's in the forum. The way you say to do it off the link I can't make it work that way. I have tried for an hour now but no way.

Try what the poster did in this topic. It worked for him.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather