Sign in to follow this  
jfriz

Houston flights

Folks,

If you want to see some bad weather go to Houston, KIAH.  I am using AS2016, and P3D v4, About as real as it gets! Yesterday, the turbulence was severe, lightning in all quads. Was flying the B747.

Jerry Friz

What time did you have Active Sky set to. Only asking because I don't have time to do it now, but I would like to try it later with the weather history function of it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Kevin, I would back up about 24 hours, say Saturday, for the ride of your life, hang on  !!

Jerry Friz

Not Houston but yesterday evening, when I departed out of Miami, the airport was closed for about half an hour. Real LH463 was delayed for about 45min. but finally they departed. It was my worst departure ever in flight sim :D

Shaking, quick stall warnings, windshears, rain... and it was heavy to increase the speed and mainly to find a average of increasing the speed and climbing our of the thunderstorm.
Interesting weather situations actually in USA but tbh: to fly the 747 is just a pleasure to have the 747 for those situations :)

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

yes, did the same yesterday in my Dash 8, difficult to hang on to the ILS with all the wind buffeting!

14 hours ago, LH747fan said:

to fly the 747 is just a pleasure to have the 747 for those situations :)

Totally agree the 747 (LH specifically) is a joy to fly!  I fly both passenger and cargo versions. :biggrin:

BTW....ALL Houston flights are now cancelled (both Hobby and Bush) indefinitely since they are mostly under water.  United's/SWA's flight schedules will be trashed for weeks if not months.

Prayers go out to all the South Texans suffering through what will most likely be the worst storm in US history. (Sadly its not done destroying S. Texas yet :sad:)  We dodged a bullet here in Dallas, but we'll feel the after affects with all the displaced refugees we've already begun to take in.  I've already donated hundreds of toiletries (little shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc bottles) I had left over from years of living in hotels when I was a consultant...people got to get clean!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Prayers go out to all the South Texans suffering through what will most likely be the worst storm in US history. (Sadly its not done destroying S. Texas yet :sad:)  We dodged a bullet here in Dallas, but we'll feel the after affects with all the displaced refugees we've already begun to take in.  I've already donated hundreds of toiletries (little shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc bottles) I had left over from years of living in hotels when I was a consultant...people got to get clean!

We were told that everything was going to be a mess, especially with Labor Day coming up. Company asked us to work through Labor Day if possible. It didn't make a difference to me since I was already going to be working anyway, but I'm not sure how many people were originally going to be spending time at home and how many will decide to work.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I've been flying between KIAH and KMSY and surrounding areas all weekend with AS.  Got a couple "aircraft overstressed" crashes, and a nice crab-landing at KIAH yesterday.  Attempted to fly a hurricane hunter through Corpus Christie on Friday night (that did not end well).  It's been an interesting experience.  Active Sky is no joke

Thoughts and prayers to the people to Texas.  It is absolutely insane what they are going through

On 28.8.2017 at 0:49 PM, LH747fan said:

Not Houston but yesterday evening, when I departed out of Miami, the airport was closed for about half an hour. Real LH463 was delayed for about 45min. but finally they departed. It was my worst departure ever in flight sim :D

Shaking, quick stall warnings, windshears, rain... and it was heavy to increase the speed and mainly to find a average of increasing the speed and climbing our of the thunderstorm.
Interesting weather situations actually in USA but tbh: to fly the 747 is just a pleasure to have the 747 for those situations :)

Same here. I was also performing flight DLH463 and takeoff was not easy.. 2-3 quick stall warnings but the 747 is still a solid airplane :)

Here is a screenshot 7-8mins after takeoff from KMIA :)

2017-8-27_23-52-22-87misaw.jpg

Flying another trip out of Houston now,  some light rain, and strong North winds.  I noted  a lot of standing water in between runways taxing out. I am on default KIAH airport scenery.

Jerry Friz

It was indeed

On 8/28/2017 at 2:02 AM, jfriz said:

the ride of your life, hang on  !!

Indeed it was...No weather engine can replicate what happened here.

I tried at Corpus Christi last Fri with 95MPH winds

11 hours ago, blaird22 said:

I've been flying between KIAH and KMSY and surrounding areas all weekend with AS.  Got a couple "aircraft overstressed" crashes, and a nice crab-landing at KIAH yesterday.  Attempted to fly a hurricane hunter through Corpus Christie on Friday night (that did not end well).  It's been an interesting experience.  Active Sky is no joke

Thoughts and prayers to the people to Texas.  It is absolutely insane what they are going through

I tried that one too and it didn't end well for me ether.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /