Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Pro ATC X with P3D v4 issues

I am using the latest Pro-ATC X with P3D v4 but I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. But during the descent phase, is when I am having some trouble. I end up missing the runway and my plane turns too much and misses the GS capture. I don't have problems when flying manually without using Pro ATC, so I think there's some errors on my part.

What mode on the MCP do you guys usually use when flying with ATC? I never really flown this way much, I usually fly offline without ATC. I notice that Pro ATC tells me to start my descent much earlier than where the green T/D is on my display. I also notice that P-ATC doesn't tell me to slow down until I'm about 10nm from the runway. So my plane is like at around 280knots, and then it tells me to reduce my speed to 180. Which is not enough time to land at all.

So when ATC tells me to descend. Should I manually hit FLCH and dial in the requested altitude, or will the FO do it automatically? Usually the FO will set the desired altitude in the MCP, but I notice sometimes it doesn't descend. I have to force it. Or should I just dial the altitude without hitting FLCH. Not sure what the best way to do this is.

Also notice that the FO is not doing anything. He is suppose to automatically tune the radios and do his flows, but it's inconsistent. I have checked the PATC options in the In-Flight menu, and I have everything enabled for the FO to do. But he doesn't always perform the actions.

Lastly, it seems like if you have PATC, that having FS2Crew would be redundant, since they almost do the same thing right? I see a big overlap in these 2, the only thing that maybe missing is the PA Announcements, Briefing, but most other things that FS2Crew does, can be seen also in PATC.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

With high-end addons like PMDG you should NOT use the FO-Functions of PATC as i can't work with the interface. I just use it for tuning radios.

And it's realistic to start the descent earlier as the calulated TOD on your NAV display show. 

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Guest JustanotherPilot

Agree with Joe, dont use the built in FO ProATCx and the NGX...its just not up to it. I use FS2Crew (Button) with ProATCx and the NGX and the interface and cordination are excellent. It seems you nèed to get up to speed on flying the NGX. Have you watched any of the 1000's of NGX tutorial videos on every aspect of the NGX, they sure do help.

Below 10,000 250kts is the max, am surprised you don't know. ATC don't tell pilots to drop speed to that. 

280  at 10 miles out! Like above only let PATC do radios and landing gear is ok

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Unless ATC assigns an airspeed, or it's required for a SID or STAR, airspeed is at your discretion.  So, slow down early if you want to.  You also need to be at or below 250 KIAS when below 10,000 ft.  If you're flying VNAV with autothrottle on, the airplane should do that automatically.  If not, you'll need to do it manually.  You should also plan to be near your "V up" speed prior to 10 miles out so you can have your flaps 1 out by 10 miles...around 185 KIAS.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Remember that you are the pilot in command! Don't wait for others to make the decisions for you: if you think something goes wrong (and 280 kts at 10 nm out is wrong :happy: ) you should take action!

8 minutes ago, J van E said:

Remember that you are the pilot in command! Don't wait for others to make the decisions for you: if you think something goes wrong (and 280 kts at 10 nm out is wrong :happy: ) you should take action!

Only problem with that and proatcx and the default ATC is it may tell you to descend too late making it impossible to hit speed/altitude restrictions. If you begin your descent before ATC tells you to, it will keep telling you to climb back to cruise.

This has been the only issue I have had. ProATCx just waits too long. If I wait for ATC, I can't use vnav and have to descend at -3000fpm or something.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks for the tips. However I'm currently not using FS2Crew, so is it safe to let the Co-Pilot handle all the automated features? I use PATC mostly with PMDG 777/747.

I want to know what the best recommended settings for PATC are for use with those planes and without FS2Crew. Also seems like some of the pilot voices are incomplete as they won't answer all the questions that the co-pilot asks.

patc1.jpg

patc2.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

When I click 'Fly Now' it gives me 3 options:

Create default flight plans

Load flight plan automatically

Add procedure waypoints (SID/STAR/Approach)

Should any of these be enabled?

10 minutes ago, captain420 said:

When I click 'Fly Now' it gives me 3 options:

Create default flight plans

Load flight plan automatically

Add procedure waypoints (SID/STAR/Approach)

Should any of these be enabled?

Enable the ones you want... There is no right or wrong here. It's up to you. Do you want a flight plan to use in the sim? Do you want the sim to load it automatically? Do you want procedures to be added to the plan (or do you want to load them yourself at the appropriate time)? Again, it is up to you.

have  you actually  read  the pdf  that  came  with  proatc  all  your  answers  are  there

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

13 minutes ago, J van E said:

Enable the ones you want... There is no right or wrong here. It's up to you. Do you want a flight plan to use in the sim? Do you want the sim to load it automatically? Do you want procedures to be added to the plan (or do you want to load them yourself at the appropriate time)? Again, it is up to you.

I'm not even sure. I guess I don't need the 1st too... since I use PFPX, and have my PMDG plane set to load the weather automatically to ASP3D4. I use PFPX to plan everything 1st and then copy the route into PATC, and then request clearance and load the flightplan into my PMDG FMC.

But the last option about automatically loading the procedures, does this mean it will add all the necessary waypoints into my FMC once ATC clears me the correct STAR/Transition/Approach?

21 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I'm not even sure. I guess I don't need the 1st too... since I use PFPX, and have my PMDG plane set to load the weather automatically to ASP3D4. I use PFPX to plan everything 1st and then copy the route into PATC, and then request clearance and load the flightplan into my PMDG FMC.

But the last option about automatically loading the procedures, does this mean it will add all the necessary waypoints into my FMC once ATC clears me the correct STAR/Transition/Approach?

If you load the PFPX plan into the plane you don't have to enable any of those options. The 2nd and 3rd option only apply if you enable the first one.

If you would, for whatever reason, enable the first option I would not enable the 3rd one: it is proper procedure to manually load the SID and STAR when they are assigned to you. ProATC assigns a STAR during the flight and it may change (compared to the planned STAR) depending on the weather. For this reason I would also advice to not let PFPX add a SID and STAR to the plan (if it can actually do that) because it wouldn't be realistic afaik (and you seem to be into doing things realistic :happy: ).

And if you activate manual descent initialisation (4th option on the left) you decide when to start descent. Simple. 

Jos